Wednesday, February 1, 2012

No Diet Coke Since FRIDAY!

Yep, it's true and I'm proud to say I haven't consumed a single sip of Diet Coke since Friday!  It hasn't even phased me (yet).  It's been mentioned a couple times that I should drink sparkling water as a replacement.  I'm doing it, and I think I like the whole carbonation thing.  Maybe that's why I opted for Diet Coke because of the carbonation.  Not sure.  Furthermore, I have eliminated the sugar substitutes since I don't order my coffee with Equal or the like, and the Diet pop has not been drank in a while.  I wonder how long it takes for the the sugar substitute to leave my body?

People have also been saying, "Why do you even need to do this.  You look fine."  I've been an avid gym goer and exercise lover for a long time.  I work hard.  However, I'm physically and emotionally "feeling" better every day and I love the fact that I feel empowered that I'm listening to what my body is telling me.  When you write things down, you learn that when you feel really hungry at a certain time it may mean that you need to do something different earlier in the day.  My mantra is eating in moderation, AND being MINDFULL in your eating, NOT MINDLESS.  How often do you look back and you have absolutely know idea what went from your hand to your mouth?

The boot camp journals are out and the challenge is on!  A funny thing happened yesterday when I dropped one off yesterday at a friend's house, and I accidently dropped off my own journal and not a blank one for her to start.  Guess I need to write my name on the cover.  Whoops!  I think she enjoyed reading it. :-)

Food Journal:

January 31, 2012

Breakfast:  Special K with Berries, Almond Milk, Frozen Blueberries, and Coffee with creamer and a bit of sugar.  I love cereal!  This meal will most likely be repeated over and over and over again.

Lunch:  Subway Turkey Sub Sandwich on wheat bread.  American Cheese and tons of veggies.  The more then better.  A bag of Lay's light potato chips.  These chips are half the calories and are made with Olestra.  Haven't researched the whole Olestra thing, but I hope it's not another toxic thing.  I may get back to you on that one.  When I lived in Iowa we were in the test market for these chips.  They were known as Lay's WOW (or was it MAX?) Potato Chips back then.  I vaguely remember a few people complaining about gastrointestinal issues from the Olestra.  I never had these side effects then, or even now eating them.  Mind you...I eat a individual size bag of these maybe 2 or 3 times a year. They literally taste just like regular potato chips.  I also drank water and did not, I REPEAT, did not order a Diet Coke.  I usually do.

Snack:  Apple and water

Dinner:  I prepared this delicious meal from Trader Joe's.  It's Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina.  My neighbor told me about it and I prepared 2 chicken breasts to mix into it.  The rest of the family liked it and so did I.  I also had a piece of garlic bread and a glass of skim milk.  After dinner, I had a couple of Mentos.  Was introduced to them from a friend and neighbor as well.

Evening:  I continued to drink water and did not feel the evening hunger pangs like I often do.

February 1st

6:45 am Breakfast:  Kashi Go Lean Triple Berry Crumble Cereal, Almond Milk, Frozen Blueberries and Coffee with the creamer and sugar.

11:45 am Lunch:  Deli Chicken, cojack cheese, and mustard on a whole grain pita.  Spinich salad with red pepper, tomato, and creamy balsamic vinegar dressing.  Water

Workout: 

Warm up and Cardio:
20 Minute Interval Workout on a Stair Master.  Holy mother!  If I wasn't doing this, I may have toned down the intensity!  Completed 98 floors.

Circuits: Each circuit was repeated 3 times
Bicep Concentration Curls
Chest Flys
Curtsy Squats
Mary Catherine's

Calf Raises
Tricep Dips
Plank Back Rows
Mountain Climbers

"W" Shoulder Raises
Rear deltoid Flys
Single Leg Saxon Bends

Cool Down:
10 minutes on the bike reading Lucky magazine:)

Core:
Bicycle Crunches
Side Crunches
Front Plank

2:30 pm Snack: Greek Yogurt with honey and cinnamon

4:45 pm Dinner:
Salmon lightly sprinkled with seasoning salt on the George Foreman grill.  Roasted red peppers, yellow squash, mushrooms, tomato and cooked spinich with a bit of olive oil, buttered elbow pasta with parmesan, and skim milk.

After a night of religious education and football, I enjoyed a chai tea latte, cuddled with the kids, put them to bed, brushed my teeth (a wonderful way to avoid night time snacking is to brush, brush, brush!), folded laundry, grabbed The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, found my favorite blanket, and began reading.  Good night, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment