Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Now I'm mixing flavored water cocktails - non alcoholic...but still...

Tip of the day:
Tonight I am speaking to a running group at Fleet Feet.  I am so excited and nervous, which is normal for me.  I am always nervous before speaking to a group of people, but once I'm done, I'm so happy I did it.  I think being nervous is normal...at least that's what I tell myself.  Anyway, the topic is core training and the runner.  So...my tip is to always remember your core when you are strength training.  Your core is involved in every single movement you make.  It includes your entire trunk area from your shoulders to your hips, and when it's strong, you have better control of your movements, will decrease any back pain you may suffer from, and make you a better athlete, runner, or fitness enthusiast.

Food Journal

Saturday, February 18

Breakfast:  Banana;  I got up early and ran with girlfriends this morning.  After the run, a couple girls treated us to Starbucks.  My first Starbucks since I received a coffee maker around Thanksgiving.  It was so good!  I'm loving the Grande Nonfat Vanilla Misto which is what I drank.

Snack:  Fruit n' Yogurt Special K cereal with blueberries, and Almond Milk

Lunch:  2 chicken salad lettuce wraps and a lime La Croix.

Dinner:  I taste tested 2 mini farfelle noodles because the timer wasn't set.  No biggie...I am keeping track of everything like I promised.  I ate the leftover taco from the night before, ate a 1/2 serving or tortilla chips and salsa, 1 thin mint cookie and 1 tagalong cookie, and 2 1/2 Corona Lights.  One spilled behind our couch.  I was so mad!

Sunday, February 19

Breakfast:  Vanilla Almond Special K cereal, frozen blueberries, almond milk, and coffe with the creamer and sugar.

Lunch:  As a family, we went to the dentist.  I had some fillings replaced, am a total wuss, so I got pretty numbed up on the lower left side.  I was numb for almost 4 HOURS!  So, I slurped down a 16 oz. Jamba Juice Berry UpBeet smoothie through the right side of my mouth.  Good times...

Snack:  Key Lime Pie Lara Bar - YUM!

Dinner:  Baked Lasagna; 2 large pieces of buttered garlic bread, and skim milk.  This baked pasta I have prepared several times, and it's my go to when I make a meal for another family.  I love it!  I received this recipe years ago from a friend.  Glad she's a friend:)

Baked Pasta:
1 lb. of turkey burger
3/4 c. diced green pepper
1/4 c. diced onion
8oz. mushrooms
15 oz. can of tomatoes
2 tsp. oregano
12 oz. cooked pasta of your choice
2 c. chedder cheese
1/4 c. fancy parmesan
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. water

Spray medium sized skillet with olive oil spray.  Saute green pepper and onion in the skillet.  Brown turkey burger in a large skillet, and cook pasta according to directions in a large pot.

Drain turkey burger and spray  with water to get rid of any excess fat (there won't be much, it is turkey burger afterall), add sauteed veggies to the turkey burger in the large skillet.  Add oregano, tomatoes, and mushrooms.  Simmer for 10 minutes.  Mix the mushroom soup with the water and set aside.

In a 9X13 pan, layer noodles, add meat mixture, then add 1 c. cheese.  Repeat layers one more time.  At the top, pour the soup mixture over everything and top wth parmesan cheese.  Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  So flippin' good!

Monday, February 20

Breakfast:  Vanilla Almond Special K cereal, frozen blueberries, almond milk and coffee, yada, yada, yada.

Lunch:  Chicken Salad in a pita.  Orange and water

Snack:  Tropical Fruit Lara Bar

Dinner:  Leftover baked lasagna and 4 almond blueberry pops

Snack:  Banana

Later snack:  Popcorn and more water

Tuesday, February 21

Breakfast:  Vanilla Almond Special...........repeat from last 2 days.

Lunch:  Large sweet potato topped with cottage cheese sprinked with pepper and an apple.  water

Snack:  Clif Bar I found in the tower climb race packet.  It's called Builder's Chocolate Peanut Butter and it was pretty good.  It was a sample so was about half the size of a normal Clif Bar.  This bar had absolutely no nutritional information on it.  WEIRD!

The rest of the day will be revealed later...

BUT, before I go, I HAVE to share with you a new concoction!  Holy Crapolly!  I mixed La Croix Coconut water with Jewel Chill Lime Sparkling water and, WOW, it is so good.  I may as well be sitting on a beach.  Granted, there's no rum or vodka in it...but still.  You gotta try it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment