Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm not in college anymore.

February 8th

Breakfast - Cheerios, Almond Milk, Blueberries, Coffee with almond joy creamer and sugar

Snack - Greek Yogurt with Honey

Lunch - Raisin Bran Crunch cereal with Almond Milk

Snack - Banana

Dinner - Skinnie Hammie from Potbelly with Swiss Cheese; Black Bean soup and water

Evening Snack - Popcorn and Water

February 9

Breakfast - Cheerios, Blueberries, Almond Milk, Coffee with almond joy creamer and a bit of sugar.

Lunch - Polished off the yummy chili.  Personally, I like beans in my chili which would also increase the fiber intake.  I made it without beans, because my husband is not a bean fan.

OK, 6:00 pm is the beginning of when I regress back to the old days when we spent most of our Thursday evenings in Iowa City partying it up.  Note to self...I'm not 21 anymore.  Or 18, 19, 20, 22, or 23 either!  Keep this in mind when you see my journal entry from here on out of this evening.

Snack - 2 Leinenkugal's Berry Weis beers at the super awesome pub in the Miller Coors building.  I'm lucky enough to have a friend who works there, and him and his super cool wife took us to the pub in the building.  Might I say these are mighty tasty!  I was given a snack bag of salted peanuts and I did not eat them.

Dinner - We went to Salseria at the Willis Tower.  It's the same owner and the Salseria here in our own town.  I enjoyed a few chips with salsa.  I love their Chicken Arbol dish and polished it off.  I did not eat the tortillas that were included and I opted for black beans instead of their regular beans.  I think they taste better anyway.  Oh, and a Corona Light with a lime and lots of water.

Our night ended up at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago where we watched OAR in concert.  They were great, as usual.  While there, I continued to think I was in college and drank a few Miller Lites.  I was happy to just have 3, but then the 4th round came and they twisted my arm really hard.  Actually, it was more like a baby twist.  Anyway, yes, who can turn down another beer.  You can't throw it out, right?

So brings me to...Friday, February 10th

Breakfast - Kashi Go Lean Triple Berry Crumble, Blueberries, Almond Milk, Coffee with the same ol' creamer and a bit of sugar.  Water with a NUUN tablet, which I heard cures hangovers.

I then proceeded to go on with my morning routine of dropping the kids off at school and train a client at the gym.  I trained her and then continued on to my own workout that lasted a measly 30 minutes.  Definitely not a good workout...HMMMM...I wonder why?  UGH!

Snack - Orange and the last Ibuprofen tablet in the whole house.  1!!!!!  Double UGH!

Lunch - I'm feeling way better and who knew that that 1 Ibuprofen tablet could be so helpful?  I had a ham and cojack cheese on a pita with mustard, and a spinach salad with creamy balsamic vinaigrette and a sprinkle of pine nuts.  All downed with water.

Snack - So I'm a girl scout leader and a co-leader brought snack for the girls.  It was Cool Whip mixed with Strawberry yogurt and you dip apples in it.  I totally had some and it was light and perfect.

Dinner - A Buffalo Wild Wings Grilled Blackened Chicken Salad;  I had blue cheese on the side and I just lightly dipped my fork into the dressing.  I barely used any at all.  I drank water, and did not eat any of my kid's leftover fries.  That is a gigantic milestone.

Bunco is tonight!  I hope I can control my hand with those always so awesome treats that will be there.  I'm going out the door in a minute and will be grabbing a piece of gum on the way.

See ya!  Wish me luck to bring home the big prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment