Thursday, February 23, 2012

What time do I eat anyway?

I've never really discussed the times of my meals, and I thought I'd clue you in.  A typical day is a 6:45 breakfast, 11:15 lunch, 2:45 snack, 5:30 dinner, and if I have an evening snack it's around 8:30 pm.  On the weekends, my meals vary a bit due to not being so scheduled throughout my day.  However, the times may vary, but the meals are typically pretty consistent.  I'm getting better about my water consumption and always have some available throughout the day.

I've become much better at scheduled meal times since I've started journaling.  I learn when and why I'm hungry and don't eat just to eat.  I pop that gum if needed and it will satisfy me.  I've been much better with my fruits and vegetables as well.

Wednesday, February 22

Breakfast:  Vanilla Almond Special K Cereal with blueberries, almond milk, and the coffee concoction.

Lunch:  1 egg and 2 egg white wrap.  I sauteed one orange and one yellow mini pepper and a bit of a jalapeno pepper.  I added the eggs that were mixed with skim milk.  Also, added were 3 turkey bacon strips that I cut up into pieces.  When all was cooked together, I topped with a bit of chedder cheese and placed in a 100 calorie whole wheat wrap.  Skim Milk

Snack:  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Lara Bar = so good!  The lunch I had really satisfied me.  I was not hungry when I had my snack, but I'm glad I had it.  If I wouldn't had, I guarantee I would've been starving come dinner time.

Dinner:  I finished off the baked pasta, had a bit of edamame and also had some baked sweet potato french fries.  Water

February 23

Breakfast:  Kashi Go Lean Triple Berry Crumble Cereal, frozen blueberries, almond milk, and coffee

Lunch:  Portillo's Chopped Salad - I do not add any dressing to this salad.  I've always thought it was good without it.  Plus, it saves a ton of calories.  Try it and maybe you'll like it this way too.  I also ordered a water.  My son offered me fries, AND I SAID NO THANKS!  Who am I????  Unheard of...holy crap!

Snack:  I checked out the calories in the chopped salad from lunch and it was surprisingly low.  Usually "salads" are high in calories in restaurants.  I was hungry for a snack so I had an orange and a key lime pie Lara Bar.

Late afternoon workout:  I was tired.  Thursdays usually are since I have had a week of early AM boot camps.  I started with a 20 minute run.  From there I did 2 cirucuits:

Circuit 1: repeated 3 times
Decline bicep curls
Deadlift with shoulder press
Calf raises

Circuit 2:  repeated 3 times
Chest Flys
Tricep Presses
Plank Back Rows

I ended my workout with 15 minutes on a Precor machine.  It's a cross between a stair master and an elliptical.  Done...total workout 60 minutes.

Dinner:  It was a breakfast for dinner type of night. I had 1 egg and 2 egg white scrambled eggs (mixed with skim milk) with peppers, ham and cheese.  4 Almond pops with blueberries, and 2 pieces of toast with margarine and raspberry jam.  Water

Who's still with me?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

No comments:

Post a Comment