Saturday, February 18, 2012

26 days down and what I've learned.

What I've learned thus far:

26 days down...23 days to go...49 days total and then I'm done writing down on a blog just exactly what I'm putting into my mouth every single day.

Since I've started I have learned a ton about myself.  Especially the amount of willpower I own.  Whoa!  Seriously, I can't believe how much control I've been able to exercise during this experience.  It's a bit empowering.  I physically feel better, am sleeping better, my mid section has toned up a ton, and I still have not drank one single sip of Diet Coke.  Who am I?  My chocolate consumption has drastically dwindled...and guess what?  I'm still happy!  I'm not depriving myself of anything.  Instead I am thinking about what I'm eating, and quite honestly...I'm thinking less about it and just doing it!  My meals are more scheduled.  I am eating to live and not living to eat.  I learned that phrase from one of my boot camp girls.  She commented a while back that her husband eats to live...not vice versa.

Food Journal

February 16

Breakfast:  Special K Fruit and Yogurt Cereal, Frozen blueberries, Almond Milk, and coffee with the usual fixin's

Lunch:  A mini Turkey and Provolone sandwich with veggies, red wine vinegar and a bit of olive oil blend from Jersey Mike's.  A bag of Baked Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles.  Water

Snack:  8 blueberry almond pops from Costco - FYI - 180 calories

Dinner:  Spinach and Chickpea Patty from Costco.  Not so good.  Sundried tomato quinoa - I'm trying but quinoa doesn't seem to be for me.  Even the flavored kind.  Sauteed Spinach - Yum!  Skim milk; 1 girl scout Thin Mint Cookie and 1 girl scout Tagalong Cookie.  Those cookies are delicious.  Just do me a favor next time and read the label before eating these.  Just do it...

February 17

Breakfast: The bottom of the bag crumbs from the Kashi Triple Berry Crumble mixed with the Special K Fruit and Yogurt Cereal with Blueberries and Almond Milk.  Yes, I think it's fun to mix cereals togther.  The regular same ol' coffee mixture.

Snack:  Orange

Lunch:  I mixed plain greek yogurt with rotisserie chicken meat.  I added diced orange and red peppers and voila!, a chicken salad!  I took the mixture and wrapped it in lettuce.  I also had 4 of the blueberry almond pops and skim milk.

Snack:  Banana and 4 blueberry almond pops

Dinner:  Dinner was late;  I was starving;  Therefore, I ate too much.  We went to Alejandro's in Northlake after picking up my husband's truck from the body shop and we went to our son's hockey practice.  So, dinner was at 7:30.  Alejandro's is so good!  I devoured chips and salsa, and enjoyed 2 chicken tacos and their mexican rice mixed with potatoes.  I also had a couple of iced teas.

No comments:

Post a Comment