Monday, January 28, 2013

HB Jones, Whole Foods, and Peanut Butter Heaven!

Saturday, January 26th

Breakfast:  Peanut Butter Puffins cereal; almond milk; frozen berries (hit with a mallet since they thawed and then froze again); coffee and creamer

Lunch:  Green Monster

Afternoon Snack:  handful of pistachios; strawberries put in almond milk (an experiment and not bad!)

Preface to dinner:  Remember, I ate well all day...

Dinner:  We treated the family to a new place in town called HB Jones.  We got there, it was busy, and we were told it'd be a 30 minute wait for a table.  20 minutes later we were seated.  I ordered a Lakefront Brewery New Grist Beer.  I'm do not follow a gluten-free diet, but I really like this beer (actually had 3 at dinner).  Wade tried it and quickly informed me he didn't like it.  He's a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve, and isn't afraid to let you know how he feels about pretty much everything.  We ordered Buffalo Tator Tots.  These lovely tots are covered in buffalo sauce and blue cheese crumbles.  So yummy!  Our family polished them off.  Then the waiter (who was a great waiter by the way) came to take our order.  I wanted a burger, and at the top of the burger menu in very small font you will see an offering of a 4oz. burger in lieu of the normal 10oz. burger.  I mentioned to a friend about this, and yes, she didn't see it.  Doesn't surprise me, because it does not scream at you from the menu.  Anywho, it's $3 less if you order the 4oz.  So, I ordered the Blue Cheese Wedge 4oz. Burger and a side salad with their house Italian dressing on the side.  I knew I ate the tator tots and there was no way I was ordering fries.  Our dinner came, and I wish I would've taken a picture of Wade's 10oz. burger next to mine!  Whoa!  Needless to say, the food was fantastic.  My kids loved every bite too!

After dinner dessert:  I think those 3 beers give me the munchies, because about an hour after I got home I had some Kellogg's Special K Red Berries with Chocolate pieces (very few actual chocolate pieces), and then this fantastic chocolate bar with a strawberry yogurt concoction in the middle.  I split it with the family, but I have to admit, I ate probably a majority.  Bad, Bad, Bad....but tomorrow is another day, and I don't do this often.  I love to justify bad decisions...not a strong point for me.

Sunday, January 27th

Breakfast:  Special K Red Berries; almond milk; frozen berries; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  PB&J (Better 'n Peanut Butter; Strawberry Jelly; whole wheat bread); Strawberries over 1% milk fat cottage cheese; sugar snap peas
Add maybe 4 more sugar snap peas that I ate before the pic was taken:  349 calories
Fat: 4.5 grams, Carbs: 57 grams, Protein: 21 grams

Wendy's Ultimate Chicken Grill: 400 calories
Fat: 10 grams, Carbs: 43 grams, Protein 34 grams
I'll tell you one thing...I'd rather have my plate of food rather than one lousy sandwich.  I'd order fries with this too, or a baked potato which would add more of everything.

My first real shopping trip to this place called Whole Foods:  I think I shocked a few people by saying this, but I was always a bit afraid of walking through this place.  NOW I KNOW WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I went to buy Lemonaise for a tuna salad I've been dying to try out.  Yes, I found it.  Then I thought, let's just do some aisle browsing.  I found some Organic "plain jane" coffee creamer - ok, needed that because I bought flavored coffee and my York Peppermint Patty wasn't going to work.  THEN, I found this amazing product called PB2, and OMG! there's also PB2 Chocolate!  A friend told me that her mom mails it to her because she didn't know where to find it here.  Well, Ashley, you can find it about 10 minutes from your front door:). Lastly, I've been looking for more Lara Bars.  I found their "wall of bars", and I believe I looked at every single nutritional label on the wall.  I chose to buy about 10 different flavors of Luna Bars.  They had less sugar and calories, and more protein than other bars.  I also bought a few other odds 'n ends.  I really liked the place and it was crawling with people.  My bill was low, but I can see why people can drop a load of cashola here.

Afternoon Snacks:  Lemon Zest Luna Bar; This bar was fantastic!  I opened it up before I even left the parking lot.  I also had a hot coffee with my new creamer before I left for my son's hockey jamboree.  It kept my hands nice and toasty.

Dinner:  Before we left for the jamboree, I threw some pork chops covered with BBQ sauce in the crock pot.  We got home and they were ready to eat.  Along with the chops, I had corn, quinoa and brown rice, and a spinach salad with tomatoes, yellow pepper, a few croutons, and poppy seed dressing.  Oh, I did cut my pork chop in half so I'd say it was about 3oz.
A plate full of food at 453 calories.  See the ratio of vegetables to fruit to whole grains?
Take this image, but you can only have steak, corn tortillas, lettuce, and salsa: 445 calories

Monday, January 28th

Breakfast:  I woke up at 5:00am and prepared the rest of my boot camp class while eating Kelloggs' Special K Cereal with Red Berries and Chocolate pieces; frozen berries (aka fruit boulders); almond milk
220 calories, not to mention all of the other healthy qualities.
Check out this link:  http://www.foodfacts.com/NutritionFacts/Fast-Food-Eating-Out/Dunkin-Donuts-Apple-Crumb-Donut-/7097


Workout:  Today, I participated in class and we did a descending workout.  What this means is that they complete 1 set of 6 exercises.  The first set is 15 repetitions, the second set is 14 reps, the third set is 13 reps, and so on and so forth.  After completing a set, the client sprints the length of the gym floor and back before continuing on to the second set.  Plus, they did their 100 Day Challenge and we're on Day 20.   At the mid-morning class at the studio, they did 10 burpees before continuing on to the next set.

Today's exercises: 
Tuck Jumps
Push Ups
Glider Pikes
Bicep Curls
Green Band Little Squat Jumps
Shoulder:  Crossover Arm Raises

Workout #2:  My fabulous partner texts me on a beautiful day and asks me if I want to go for a run.  We meet every Monday to discuss business, and a few times it's while we run.

So let's think about this:
  • I've worked out this morning.  
  • Have I mentioned that it's been 2 months since I've ran?  
  • Yes, I am a bit scarred from the marathon yet. 
  • PLUS, I told myself that "I'll start running on February 1st."
God Bless Her...I love when she does this to me...it's not the first time:)  We run 4.75 miles!  It was tough, but I did it.

Lunch:  Jen and I are regulars at Subway.  I ordered the Seafood 'n Crab Chopped Salad, and I make myself and Arnold Palmer (3/4 lemonade and 1/4 unsweetened ice tea).  I finished off the salad, but drank maybe 1/2 the drink.  I'm also wet from sweat and chilly so we make coffee and I add the York Peppermint Patty creamer.

Snack:  I am SO excited for my snack!  I prepared the PB2 with Chocolate peanut butter and ate it with an apple.  DIVINE!  A serving is 2 tablespoons powder to 1 tablespoon water (45 calories).  I made a serving and a half.

Kid After School Snack: I have to share this story.  So my son asks for Pirate Booty for snack and says, "Mommy, can I eat right out of the bag?"  I respond, "No, because if you eat out of the bag, you won't know how much you've eaten."  This is a reminder to all of us as well.  I'm not a 100 calorie pack kind of girl, but I will look at what a serving is and take that out of the bag or box of whatever.  Good thing to practice...then you'll always know how much you've eaten.

Dinner:  Kelloggs' Special K Cereal with Red Berries and Chocolate pieces; frozen berries (aka fruit boulders); coconut milk (another Whole Foods purchase, very, very good, and not as "heavy" tasting as almond milk); 2 pieces of whole wheat toast; I can't believe it not butter light margarine; cinnamon and sugar

Below:  Check this book out.  It's very helpful in making positive food choices.  I share this due to the above  pictures of what I've eaten, and compared it to something else.

 


OK, I'm off to Flight 112 to drink some wine and let my creative juices flow.  I'm so joking here as there's not an ounce of artistry in my body.  Hopefully with some wine, I'll be able to paint Monet's Water Lilies.

OK, I'm back...I had 1 glass of Merlot.  But here's the final Monet that I created...
Imagine it rotated 90 degrees to the left:)

While I finished this post, I had some sugar snap peas.

See you in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment