Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jessica Simpson, Blow Pops, The Beast, and Mikey!

Finishing up Wednesday, January 9th

Snack:  Granny Smith Apple and a Cashew Cookie mini Larabar

Dinner:  Pork Chop breaded with low fat Ritz crackers; Parmesan cheese; salt; pepper; egg; skim milk; and baked with a bit of butter on the bottom of the baking dish.  Brown rice and quinoa with chopped red and orange peppers mixed into it.

After dinner treat:  Green Apple Blow Pop;  I remember in high school and college, I used to dip my Green Apple Blow Pop in Milwaukee's Best Light Beer.  AKA - The Beast.  Oh, yeah!  Admit it if you were with me on this one!

Evening snack:  Special K Fruit 'n Yogurt cereal

Thursday, January 10th

Breakfast:  Kashi GoLean Triple Berry Crumble; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee with creamer

Morning drink:  I had coffee with a friend at Elijah's.  It was a medium non-fat vanilla cafe au lait.  These are 1/2 coffee/1/2 latte which equals less calories.

Lunch:  Aside from my coffee at Elijah's, I worked straight thru the morning until 1:15pm.  I missed lunch and I was starving.  Got home at 1:45 and had chicken salad with a torn apart pita.  I finished about 3/4 of the pita.

Afternoon Snack:  banana; handful of pistachios in the shell.  I guess I need to add that they are in the shell, because a handful of unshelled pistachios is a lot more to consume that if I grab a handful not shelled.

Dinner:  Jen and I treated the FITT-RX team to dinner for a post-holidays celebration.  It was a late dinner and of course I was hungry!  I skipped the bread, olive oil, and Parmesan and opted to wait for the appetizers and meal instead.  During dinner, I enjoyed 3 Blue Moon drafts, a taste of grilled octopus, a bit of roasted red pepper, 3 fried Calamari rings with marinara, a small piece of Italian sausage with a few bites of salad for the appetizer.  At dinner, one of our trainers highly recommended the Tagliatelle Bolognese.  OMG!  So good!  It's homemade pasta, ground sirloin beef-pork, carrots, celery, peas, onions  garlic, and tomato sauce.  After dinner, Wade and I headed over to one of our favorite drinking establishments, Pints.  We had a sitter so what the heck!  I had 1 Coors Light.

Late night meal:  WHOOPS!  I took home 1/2 of my meal and decided to heat up a bowl and eat about half of what I brought home.  This stuff is great!  Not a good choice...in fact...tonight I probably ate a day's worth of calories, but it was a special night.  I am not going to beat myself up over it.  I mean I DID participate in boot camp and taught a TRX Suspension Training 30 minute class:)

Friday, January 11th

Breakfast:  Kashi GoLean Triple Berry Crumble; frozen blueberries; almond milk

Workout:  I took my first Yoga class in years!  Thanks to Candi, our instructor, I realized how much I really need to incorporate this workout into my schedule.  I need to stretch more!  I think I'm an inch taller after taking the class.  Then, I attempted to take Jen's TRX Boot Camp, but it was kinda 1/2 ass since I took a phone call and helped people walking through the doors.  All in all, good workouts for the day.

Drink:  I had my first coffee of the day at the studio.

Lunch:  Subway Seafood 'n Crab Salad; water.  By the way, why is it Seafood 'n Crab?  Crabs are seafood, right?  Just wondering as this just popped into my head.  Remember when Jessica Simpson wondered if Tuna was chicken?  Chicken of the Sea?  HA!  Also, Buffalo Wings were buffalo wings, not chicken wings?  OMG - really, Jessica?  At least, my thoughts are a far cry from hers.  Geez Louise!

Dinner:  An apple with homemade flax seed and honey almond butter.  Plus, I decided to continue dipping into the almond butter because it is to die for!  Someone in town brought us a jar for the holidays, and it is "oh so good!"  I also finished the leftovers from last night's dinner.

Saturday, January 12th

Breakfast:  Kashi GoLean Triple Berry Crumble; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Burpees:  Did my 4 burpees in the kitchen.  Where did you do yours???

Lunch:  I treated the kids to Egg Harbor.  I had the Joe's Healthy Scrambler.  This consists of gourmet turkey sausage, mushrooms, fresh leaf spinach and roasted onions scrambled into 3 no-cholesterol eggs and topped with low-fat Mozzarella cheese.  The wheat English muffins come with no butter, but I put the jam on them.  My son ate most of the fresh fruit that came with my meal. Water

Tonight, we have a surprise 50th birthday party.  How many of you have pinned a ton of recipes on Pinterest, but never actually made the recipe?  I'm so guilty of this.  Well tonight I'm taking one of those recipes and making it!  Here's the recipe.  Later, I will let you know how easy it was to make, as well as, how good it was.

Pancetta Crisps with Goat Cheese and Pear
12 thin slices pancetta
1 Bartlett Pear (I only found anjou)
1/2 (4oz.) package goat cheese, crumbled
Freshly cracked pepper
Honey

Arrange pancetta slices in a single layer on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.  Bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.  Transfer to a paper towel-lined wire rack using a spatula.  Let stand 10 minutes or until crisp.

Core pear with an apple corer.  Cut pear crosswise into 12 thin rings.  Arrange on a serving platter.  Top evenly with pancetta and goat cheese; sprinkle with pepper.  Drizzle with honey just before serving.

If you don't plan to serve right away, put the pear slices into a lemon water bath to keep from turning brown.
 Picture on Pinterest
My final product - couldn't find crumbled goat cheese, but just cut-up a block
Excellent taste and super easy to make:)

Snack:  Granny Smith Apple with Almond butter with flax seed and honey - yes, I indulged in a bit more almond butter than I should have.  I'm feeling a bit guilty that I took this home from the studio.  I promise to buy Jen her own jar to take home.

Dinner: I marinated Tilapia in soy sauce, pomegranate red wine vinegar (supposed to be balsamic but had none), garlic, and honey.  After I marinated it for 30 minutes, I baked in the oven.  We accompanied it with stir-fry vegetables and brown rice.  I drank water.  Guess what!  It's like Mikey on the old Life Cereal commercials!  MY SON LIKED IT!  Holy Crap...I made him repeat it like 4 times.  I was a happy mommy!


Here it is.

Surprise 50th Birthday Party:  I did pretty darn well here food-wise:)  I had 3 of my pear appetizers, and also had compliments on them.  I watched a guy give his wife a plate with one on it, and she just stared at it like she was wondering what the heck it was.  Honestly, I don't even know if she ate it, but if she didn't, she was missing out.  Kind of a salty/sweet type of appetizer.  I was given a piece of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  My husband was given a corner piece, and he gave me his because he knows I like frosting.  I ate most of it.  I also had one pretzel rod, and a small handful of potato chips.  Drink-wise, I had 4 Coco Breve's and a Leine's Berry Weis.  Yes, upped the calorie count on the drinks, but they were good.

Coco Breve:  It's made by Miller/Coors and they are 130 calories a piece.  Alcohol content is 4.2%.





No comments:

Post a Comment