Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trivia and a Substitution they'll never know.




Friday, January 18th

Breakfast:  Kashi GoLean Triple Berry Crumble; frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  2 egg white, 1 egg scrambled eggs with orange pepper, carrots, spinach, milk, and pepper

Snack:  Almond butter; apple (Yep, finished off the jar)

Dinner:  I was heading out for the evening and figured I'd eat a few appetizers throughout the night.  This was definitely not a good night with my food choices.  Here we go:  I grabbed a medium sized plate and had some artichoke dip; this awesome bacon almond cheese dip; 2 chips and guacamole  2 pieces of broken up bread (dipped into the 2 dips).  Then at the bar I had tator tots dipped in ranch dressing (way way too many!) and more chips and guacamole.

Evening drinks:  It was a long night and I had to teach 2 TRX suspension training classes in the morning.  I was "pretty good".  I downed 3 312 beers, and a tried a gluten free beer (Lakefront Brewery New Grist Beer).  First of all, I love Lakefront Brewery!  Second of all, the gluten free beer is fantastic!  If anyone gets to Milwaukee for a weekend, this is definitely a stop to make.  My first tour here was years ago when it was more of a mom and pop place.  This time I came back to a totally different experience.  Still fun, but not so small anymore.  Big bonus is drinking beer while the tour is underway:)



And since it was a special occasion, I had 2 Soco Lime shots.  I was supposed to have one, but since a couple people didn't want one, I took one for the team.

Late evening:  I got home around 1:30am, and I knew I would be so tired at class.  Since I had a few drinks, I thought a bowl of cereal would help.  So look above at my breakfast and that's what I had.- minus the coffee, of course

Saturday, January 19th

I woke up very tired and came to the studio to teach 2 classes.  Once I got moving, I was completely fine.  Probably helped that the drinks I had the night before ended around 10pm.  Also, I was not hungry, and that's because I gobbled down a bowl of cereal at 1:45am.

Breakfast/Lunch:  Kashi GoLean Triple Berry Crumble; frozen berries; almond milk

Snack:  A handful of pistachios and an apple

Dinner:  Our family went to a friend's house for Games Night.  Always a great time.  I brought 2 appetizers.  The first was the Pear, Pancetta, and Goat Cheese appetizer, and the second was buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips.  I had 2 of the pear appetizers and probably too much of the chicken dip.  I lowered the calories and fat from the dip.

Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
8oz. pkg. fat free cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup lite blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Original Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 cans (12.5 oz. each) Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in water, drained

Directions:  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Place cream cheese into baking dish.  Stir until smooth.  Mix in salad dressing, Red Hot Sauce and cheese.  Stir in chicken.  Bake 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir.  Garnish as desired.  Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or vegetables.

KEEP IN MIND!!! - Be very careful when buying low fat or lower calories foods.  Case in point:  Take a look at peanut butter.  You'll notice that the fat may have decreased, however take a look at the carbohydrates and sugars - take one thing away and see what replaces it.

More Trivia:  True or False - All processed food is bad for you.
The answer is at the end of this blog post.

Dessert and Drinks:  Chocolate cupcake/chocolate frosting with a cherry on top!  My girlfriend makes the most amazing cupcakes and they usually have some type of alcohol in them.  Not for kids!  Anyway, her alcohol of choice this time was Chocolate Covered Cherry Wine.  Speaking of, I had 2 glasses of this wine on ice and a Coors light.  Doesn't sound appetizing mixing the two, but I found out about this delicious wine after I opened my beer.

Sunday, January 20th

Breakfast:  2 pieces of whole wheat french toast; 2 pieces of turkey bacon; coffee; creamer

While I'm on the subject of whole wheat, I thought to share some info I learned about bread.  A couple days ago, I started listening to Jillian Michaels' podcast.  She broke down the bread issue very easily.

Starting from the most nutritious to least nutritious:
Whole-Grain
Whole-Wheat
Multi-Grain - According to Jillian, basically means nothing and stick with the above two instead.
Enriched

Lunch:  Apple Pie Mini LaraBar; apple

Dinner:  Ground Turkey Chili (substituted plain Greek yogurt for sour cream, and added about 1T. cheddar cheese) and French bread with margarine (2 pieces); water

About this sour cream to yogurt substitution...my husband has no idea.  It's been put on his baked potatoes, enchiladas, and tacos.  Not a single complaint.  This is HUGE, because he usually notices EVERYTHING!

Dessert:  Frozen Greek Yogurt Gelato - Blueberry

Monday, January 21st

Breakfast:  Organic Pomegranate Oatmeal

Morning Workout:
I participated in the Circuit Interval class at the studio.  I will share what was taught.

5 minute warm up

Circuits
3 sets:  1 minute; 45 secs; 30 secs
Quickie Burpees - when you come up from the burpee, stay in a squatted position.  Do not stand or jump.
Bicep Curl with Holds - Full range bicep curls, then last 15 secs hold and pulse
Burpees

Tabata - Plank shoulder touches concentrating on not moving the hips back and forth

Circuit
3 sets:  30 seconds each
Double Jump ropes
Spiderman Push ups
Prisoner Squats

Circuit
2 sets: 45 secs each
Crunches with arms going left of legs, center of legs, right of legs; last 15 seconds hold up
Sword Draws - red band
Tuck jumps

Tabata -  skaters/high knees

Circuit
Lunge Pulses - 20 seconds one side
Side Plank - Arm raises for 1 minute
Lunge Pulses - 20 seconds other side
Side Plank - Arm raises for 1 minute

Stretch

Lunch:  Chili with Greek yogurt and cheese

Snack:  1/2 Green Monster (refer to earlier blog titled Green Monsters)

I was talking to my mom about these green monsters, and she just couldn't get past the spinach. So I made one and split it with her.  She liked the taste (kinda), but didn't like the spinach texture in it.  I prefer mine to be made in the food processor over the blender.  The blender definitely can take care of the spinach pieces and puree it better.  However, for some reason I prefer it to be mixed in the processor   Weird because I'm such a texture person...but whatever.

Dinner:  Armand's Pizza (thin crust) - 1 1/2 piece of sausage, black olive, and onion; 1 piece of cheese; and 2 pieces of pepperoni.  These are small, thin pieces.  Not sure the calories consumed, but probably too many.  It was a good day, so I'm not going to complain.

Tuesday, January 22nd

Breakfast:  Special K mixture of Red Berries and Fruit 'n Yogurt; frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  Egg Harbor - Firecracker Omelette:  Italian Chicken Sausage, mushrooms, red peppers, spinach, egg beaters, mozzarella cheese, dash of oregano; harbor potatoes; buttered English muffin; decaf coffee; water

I finished everything except maybe a quarter of the omelette.  It was just ok, and I'll definitely stick to what I usually order - Joe's Healthy Scrambler or the Roasted Veggie Skillet.

Snack:  Apple

Dinner:  Chicken Pot Pie; spinach salad with Poppy Seed dressing, tomatoes, and croutons.

I literally looked in my fridge/freezer and found random veggies.  Recipe below.  I will definitely make again!


Chicken Pot Pie - 4 servings at 307 calories each
3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/2 cup asparagus, chopped
1 1/2 cups stir fry veggies (bought at Costco)
1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup

Crust:  1 cup Krusteaz pancake mix (can use Bisquick)
1 egg
1/2 cup skim milk

Mix top 5 ingredients together and put in pie plate.  Mix bottom last 3 ingredients and pour over veggie/chicken mixture.  Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.

Burpee Challenge - Today is Day 14!  To date we have completed 2.08% of the 5,050 burpees we will complete by Day 100.  Keep it up!  We can do it together:)


Not sure how to modify the burpees?  Check out this video.

Trivia Answer:  False - Frozen vegetables are the only processed food that is good to eat.

"BE HAPPY"
Jill



No comments:

Post a Comment