Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Outback Steakhouse - pre journal and post journal

Monday, December 31st

Dinner:  2 egg white, 1 egg, 2 slices of turkey bacon, and spinach scrambled eggs.

New Year's Eve Party: 3 pieces Imitation Crab with cocktail sauce; 2 pieces of shrimp with cocktail sauce; 1 nacho filled with meat and melted cheddar cheese; 2 Bailey's shots in a cute chocolate cup; 3 cranberry juice and vodkas; 2 soco lime shots (ugh!); 4 gingerbread cookies (I read that 5 cookies equaled 132 calories) dipped in this super awesome pumpkin dip; cream cheese jelly concoction with crackers; chips and salsa; a small amount of guacamole; champagne at midnight.  This was over a 5 hour time frame.  Not that it makes it right...but still.

Tuesday, January 1st

Breakfast:  Donut House Chocolate Glazed Donut Coffee with soy milk; 5 pieces of pineapple; I finished my son's Cherry Kringle that he didn't like; 3/4 of a bagel.  Actually this breakfast spanned out a couple hours since we had a slumber party the night before and had great company during breakfast.  Not to mention that we rehashed the previous night's escapades that were very entertaining.  Imagine my friend talking through an Optimus Prime helmet at 1:00am.  Lots of laughs for sure!

Afternoon snack:  Banana

Dinner:  We went to Outback Steakhouse.  We love this place and think it's a good steak at a very reasonable price.  However, I decided to skip the steak and potato and try something else for a change.  First I will write what I usually order, then I will write what I actually ordered.

What I usually order:
22oz Miller Lite - 176 calories
Side Salad with Tangy Tomato dressing - 217 calories
6 oz. fillet - 254 calories (surprised me)
Baked potato with sour cream and chives - 268 calories
Bread - They say 234 calories with butter, but I'm guessing that is the whole loaf.  I cut it into 6 pieces so I'm saying 30 calories.  I don't put butter on it, because it's great without.

Total: 946 calories

What I actually ordered:
Water
Side Salad with Tangy Tomato dressing on this side (I used half of the dressing) - 183 (had to do some calculating and online research)
French Onion Soup - 466 (I did not finish all of the cheese, so I'm taking 60 off - so 406)
Bread - 30

Total:  619

I use an app called Restaurants.  It has a calorie counter for virtually any chain type of restaurant you can think of, and I highly recommend getting it yourself.  It's FREE so why not.  Let me show you why...

Outback Steakhouse calorie monsters:
Bloomin' Onion - 1959
Alice Springs Chicken Quesadilla (small) - 938
Aged Cheddar Bacon Burger - 1003 (and that's not even with fries!)
Grilled Chicken and Swiss Sandwich - 685 (don't let the words "grilled" and "chicken" fool you
Loaded baked potato - 354
No Rules Parmesan Pasta - Grilled Chicken - 1320
10 oz Ribeye - 544
Steakhouse Salad - 918

Better Choices:
6oz. Victoria's Filet - 218
Baked Potato with sour cream - 267
Steamed Fresh Green Beans - 55
Grilled Asparagus - 52


No comments:

Post a Comment