Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Burpees, Dessert Comparison, and Water Consumption

Sunday, January 6th (finishing the day)

I left you before my family headed up to my father in-law's birthday dinner.

The dinner was really good, and I exhibited some great self-control.  It can be hard when everything on the table looks fantastic!  It is an Italian family after all.

Dinner:  Medium serving of Lasagna; salad with tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  Garlic bread was on the table, and miraculously I didn't have a slice (or even 2).  My son did not eat his lasagna, and I almost dug into it, but didn't!

Dessert:  A small piece of fantastic blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream.  This was the first piece of blueberry pie that I have had in a VERY long time.  I remember growing up and having it at family events.  It was always my first choice.

Monday, January 7th

Breakfast:  GoLean Triple Berry Crumble Cereal; frozen blueberries; almond milk.  I should measure out how much I'm putting in my bowl, and after using My Fitness Pal, I'm guessing I'm eating just under 300 calories at breakfast.  Remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day!  Don't skip it - EVER!

Lunch:  3oz. of rotisserie chicken; 1/2 cup of leftover Progresso chicken noodle soup (I ate around the chicken.  I just have a thing with reheated chicken and also processed chicken in a can.  Just can't do it); apple with peanut butter; water

Afternoon Snack:  A couple handfuls of pistachios - unshelled.  I shelled in the car later...nice mess too!

Dinner:  I was starving at dinner time, and fought the urge to eat while making dinner.  It was HARD!  I had a turkey burger on a whole wheat bun; edamame; 7 tortilla chips with 4 small slices of avocado; Greek yogurt gelato

 Purchased at Costco
Nutrition Facts:  I compared to Edy's Show Churned Neapolitan Ice Cream.
The Greek Yogurt Gelato has the same fat, same cholesterol, more sodium (45 grams more), more carbs (10 grams more), more sugar (9 grams more), more dietary fiber (the ice cream had no fiber), and more protein (7 grams more).  A 1 cup serving of the gelato is 150 calories vs. a 1/2 cup of ice cream with 90 calories.  So, in essence, it's better and worse in certain areas.  In my eyes, I choose the Greek Gelato.

Tuesday, January 8th

Breakfast:  GoLean Triple Berry Crumble Cereal; frozen blueberries, raspberries  blackberries; almond milk; coffee with creamer.  I have taken all sugar substitute and sugar out of my coffee.  It's just fine without.

Lunch:  Subway Seafood 'n Crab Salad and an Arnold Palmer drink (1/2 of it since my sick business partner wasn't sure if she accidentally drank out of my drink or not)  My salad had spinach  lettuce, American cheese, seafood 'n crab, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, black olives, red onions, seasonings, and a splash of oil 'n vinegar.

After lunch video shoot:  I have to share this since it only can make everyone healthier, and I'm all about making people healthy!  So today we are initiating our FITT-RX Fitness Challenge!  I'm unable to load the video onto this blog...TRYING!, but click here to watch the video on our Facebook page.  We're challenging our clients to take on the challenge!  It's doable, and I'm SO IN!  Will you?

Afternoon Snack:  At Costco, I found this Organic Pomegranate Oatmeal.  It's fantastic!

Dinner:  2 Chicken salad wraps in iceberg lettuce; 6 tortilla chips with 4 skinny slices of avocado; Greek Yogurt Gelato

Chicken Salad Recipe
3 cups cut up rotisserie chicken (could use chicken breasts)
1 chopped medium apple
1 cup halved red grapes
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 T. sunflower seeds
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1/8 cup yellow mustard
2 T. honey

I combined the first 5 ingredients together.  Then stir together the yogurt, mustard and honey and mix into the chicken mixture.  Refrigerate.  I make lettuce wraps or you could put them in whole wheat wraps or make a sandwich.  I'm sure it'd be good on top of greens as well.

Snack:  It's not really a snack but I drank water and had a peppermint.  I was at my calorie intake for the day, and I didn't get a workout in.

Wednesday, January 8th

Breakfast:   GoLean Triple Berry Crumble Cereal; frozen blueberries; almond milk.

Lunch:  2 Chicken salad wraps in iceberg lettuce; edamame.  The edamame package says it has 2.5 servings.  In my opinion, that makes a large serving, so I'm guessing I had about a 1/4 of a serving...if even that.

Water:  I really want to stress that I am drinking water throughout the day.  I was told the other day that my muscles and skin are deprived of water.  Honestly, I don't know how much more I can drink.  4-5 large Tervis tumblers are plenty in my personal opinion, but they told me to drink half my weight.  That goes for everyone according to what I was told.  So drink up!!!

Workout:  I'll share the workout my clients completed today.  I did it with my second class.

Today's Boot Camp and Circuit Interval Workout

5 minute warm-up

Circuits
2 sets at 30 seconds per exercise
push ups; lateral jumps over an exercise mat; froggers

Core Tabata
Grasshopper Plank/Saw (alternating)

3 sets a 30 seconds per exercise
bicep curls; high knees; split squats

Core Tabata
Side Crunches - lay on your side, bottom arm out in front of you, top arm behind your ears and lift your knees to meet your elbow.

2 sets of 1 minute
Shuffles touches; Plyo Box step ups holding dumbbells; squats with single arm dumbbell swings.  (When you hit 30 seconds switch arms on the swings and switch your lead food on the step ups)

Core Tabata
Reverse Plank/Bicycle Crunches (4 of one, then 4 of the other)

2 sets 1 minute
Mountain Climbers 30 secs, then Burpee Rollovers 30 secs

Stretch

For more info on Tabata training and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) - click here

Enjoy the rest of your day and get your burpees in!







No comments:

Post a Comment