Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pro-active Solutions...

Sunday, January 13th

Breakfast: 1/2 Kashi GoLean Triple Berry Crumble: 1/2 Kellogg's Special K Fruit n Yogurt cereal; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee; York peppermint patty creamer

Lunch:  Chicken Salad (about a cup I'm guessing)

Snack:  Apple Pie Mini LaraBar and a Granny Smith apple

So my son's hockey team had the opportunity to skate at the Chicago Steel hockey game.  They were on the ice for the national anthem, watched the player introductions from the ice, and played between a couple periods.  It was great.  Now here was my dilemma which had an easy solution.  For a fee, each person got admission to the game, a hockey puck, a HOT DOG and a SOFT DRINK.  Helloooooo...I don't eat hot dogs and I haven't drank pop in almost a year.  OK, well sort of lying...I eat a hot dog maybe once every 4 years when I go to a Chicago Cubs game and it's with the grilled onions. AMAZING!  And last March I had a 1/2 Diet Coke/ 1/2 Cherry Coke at Busch Gardens in Florida because quite honestly, I was so tired of drinking water!  Back to my story...knowing that these games practically offer nothing remotely healthy, I packed the LaraBar and the apple.  Yes, I'm patting myself on the back:)  Think ahead people, because when you do, you'll make better choices.

Dinner:  Pork Chop; quinoa and brown rice; spinach salad with poppy seed dressing (this dressing is not the healthy type, so I use 1/2 a serving)

Evening Snack:  popcorn

Drinks:  I am drinking water throughout the day and with my meals.

Monday, January 14th

Breakfast:  1/2 Kellogg's Red Berries Cereal and 1/2 Kellogg's Special K Fruit n Yogurt cereal; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee; York peppermint patty creamer

Morning Snack:  Mini Cherry Pie LaraBar

Lunch: 2 tuna lettuce wraps

My tuna is very simple.  I mix greek yogurt into the tuna with pickle relish, celery, and pepper.  However, I'm going to share a recipe that I ran across this week that I haven't tried, but looks flippin' amazing!

Tuna Salad
Latin Lemonaise - found at whole foods (never go there, but will be now)
Corn, black beans, red onion, cilantro, avocado, cumin, Cayenne, fresh lime juice and some salsa...stuffed in a pita with romaine.  The recipe didn't give amounts, but I'm sure I can swing something.

Afternoon Snack:  1/2 Pita with Supremely Spicy Hummus

Dinner:  2 Stuffed Shells; 2 1/2 pieces of whole wheat bread with margarine (whoops, but oh so good)

Evening Snack:  I opted for an orange, because my dinner was just OK.

Tuesday, January 15th

Breakfast:  1/2 Kellogg's Red Berries Cereal and 1/2 Kellogg's Special K Fruit n Yogurt cereal; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee; York peppermint patty creamer

Lunch:  I treated the kids to Egg Harbor.  I had the roasted veggie skillet and 2 butterless English muffins with awesome jam.  My son ate my fruit, and I think I had a piece of cantaloupe.

Dinner:  I've been eating pretty light today, and I knew I was meeting friends for dinner.  I ate 2 small pieces bread with olive oil and fresh Parmesan; fried calamari with cocktail sauce and this other type of mayo type sauce for the appetizers.  So far everything was fantastic.  For dinner I was being good, but I'm kinda dying to know how many calories were in it.  It was an amazing kale salad with Gorgonzola cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts, and roasted pears.  I ate every single bit:)  For dessert, the 3 of us split the caramel gelato.  WOW!  I drank about 2 1/2 glasses of Chianti and a couple glasses of water.

Wednesday, January 16th

Breakfast:  1/2 Kellogg's Red Berries Cereal and 1/2 Kellogg's Special K Fruit n Yogurt cereal; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee; York peppermint patty creamer

Lunch:  2 Tuna lettuce wraps; orange; water

Text from Jen
And yet another reason I think food journaling is helpful...friends second guessing their food intake decisions.  Jen, I'm so proud!

Late afternoon snack:  almond butter; apple:  Yes, I dipped way too much into the almond butter!

Dinner:  I stuffed chicken breasts with asparagus and cheese.  I wrapped them up and sprinkled with lime juice and pepper.  I also had a 1/2 cup of the quinoa with brown rice.

Evening Snack:  popcorn and water

Thursday, January 17th

Breakfast:  Kashi GoLean Triple Berry Crumble; frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  I met a friend for lunch at Egg Harbor where I had the roasted veggie skillet again.  PLUS, I JUST realized now that I didn't get any fruit!  I drank a decaf coffee with amaretto creamer.

Dinner:  I made turkey burgers with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and a whole wheat bun.  I opted for carrots, yellow pepper and hummus as my side.  I made the rest of the family baked french fries.  I had 1 and it tasted yucky.

Evening Drink:  I ordered a Domaine DuPage beer and a couple cracker stick thingys from Cuvee Wine Bar in Elmhurst.

Now I'm going to sit in the recliner and watch a couple episodes of the HBO Series, Girls.  Our babysitter told me about this show shortly after I watched the People's Choice Awards.  I had to check it out, and I gotta say, I'm a bit hooked.




No comments:

Post a Comment