Sunday, January 6, 2013

Go to Costco for 2 things...$240 later!

Back on the wagon, baby!

Wednesday, January 2

Breakfast:  Quaker Instant Oatmeal; 1 T. peanut butter; 1/2 apple - A client of mine told me about putting peanut butter in her oatmeal, and I love apples so I thought to give this a try.  If you look at the cooking instructions, they give you a heart healthy portion size.  This is a huge portion size and I only finished 1/2 of the oatmeal concoction.  It was good, but to be honest, I missed my cereal, blueberries, and almond milk.  Coffee with York Peppermint Patty creamer

Lunch:  1/2 pita with Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus.  This stuff is spicy HOT!  I also had 4 grape tomatoes with 3 mozzarella balls and fresh basil.

Snack:  banana

Lunch:  On the back of the Minute Rice brown rice box there is a recipe for chicken and rice Florentine.  It was great!  Grabbed a piece of gum afterwards to avoid eating anything else.

Water consumption for the day:  I'm still making my water cocktail of Jewel brand Key Lime Sparkling water and La Croix coconut water.  I like 3/4 coconut water and 1/4 key lime water.  I probably filled my Tervis 4 times today.

Evening snack:  popcorn

My Fitness Pal is a good app that can track your calories pretty well.  It also tracks vitamins, carbs, protein, sugar, sodium, etc..., and I'm learning that I'm eating way too much sodium and sugar.

 
Thursday, January 3
 
Boot Camp:  At 5:40am boot camp this morning, the group did relays the entire time.  I like these because they add variety, burn crazy calories, and are full of shorter bursts of high intensity cardiovascular activities coupled with resistance training.  I rarely work out with the group, but this morning I joined in and was a sweaty mess at the end.  I got a piece of my own medicine, and my shoulders were crying for 2 days afterwards.
 
Breakfast:  Kellogg's Special K with Red Berries; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee with creamer
 
Morning Snack:  1/2 apple
 
Lunch:  Hummus; 1/2 pita; 4 tomatoes; 3 mozzarella balls; basil

Snack:  Cashew Cookie mini Larabar.  I really like Larabar's and I'm really sad that our Jewel doesn't carry a fraction of what they used to have on the shelves.  PLUS, they're never on sale.  I bought the 12 pack of mini Larabars, but still no deal to be had here.

Dinner:  Chicken; rice; garlic cauliflower; water

Snack:  popcorn

Friday, January 4

Breakfast:  Special K with red berries; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  Hummus; 1/2 pita; 4 tomatoes; 3 mozzarella balls; basil

Snack:  apple; peanut butter

Dinner:  We went to Pints and I had 2 drafts of Coors Light and a turkey burger (pretzel bun) with sweet potato fries.  I ate everything and it was really good.  Afterwards we headed over to Fitz's Spare Keys to watch a Beatles cover band called American' English.  They were good and I felt really, really young there.  I had a couple more Coors Lights.

Late snack:  I got home and was very conscious about my late night splurge.  I probably would've grabbed something not so healthy, but opted for a Clementine.  Good girl!

Saturday, January 5

Breakfast:  Kashi GoLean Triple Berry Crumble cereal with frozen blueberries and almond milk; coffee and creamer (only drank maybe 3 oz. of it)

Exercise:  I taught 2 TRX Suspension classes today...I did most of one, and a tiny fraction of the other.  The classes were great and we got to use our second bar since we had a nice size class!

Lunch:  Ham, Swiss cheese, mustard on wheat bread; 2 small tomatoes; 2 mozzarella ball; basil

Snack:  My daughter and I went to Costco for paper towels and Kleenex for the studio, and we walked out with over $200 worth of food.  That darn place.  However, our family is stocked up in meat; pork chops, ground turkey, tilapia, rotisserie chicken, Alaskan King Crab, scallops, and tuna.  All good choices in my book.  While there I sampled a tiny serving of a chocolate chip Clif bar.

Dinner:  We heated up the king crab and marinated the scallops in thyme, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.  We accompanied the meat with asparagus and white rice.  Would've made brown rice, but my family won't eat it, and I didn't feel like a separate serving of it.  For dessert, I had Greek Yogurt Gelato I found at Costco.  A serving is 150 calories.

Sunday, January 6

Breakfast:  GoLean Triple Berry Crumble; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Afternoon Drink:  Starbucks non-fat vanilla misto

Lunch:  Spinach; rotisserie chicken; strawberry vinaigrette dressing; blackberries; raspberries; blueberries; mini-tomato; water; clementine

Afternoon Snack: Mini Larabar and an apple

In an hour we're heading out to the in-laws for dinner.  They're ordering in so we'll see what's in store.








2 comments:

  1. I get my Lara Bars at a decent price at either Target (I buy the box of 5), Trader Joe's and, surprisingly, Dominick's has them on sale quite often! Happy journaling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the info. I will definitely compare the prices. Jewel used to carry several brands and now they might have 3 or 4.

      Delete