Friday, February 1, 2013

Recipes and Cereal Box Marketing

Tuesday, January 29

Breakfast:  Peanut Butter Puffins; frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Morning Snack:  Orange

Lunch:  Whole wheat Pita dipped in Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus (they're not kidding...HOT); banana

Snack:  PB2 Chocolate; apple

Dinner:  Ground Turkey Meatloaf; French bread with margarine; spinach/romaine salad with croutons, grape tomatoes, poppy seed dressing

Turkey Meatloaf
1 lb. ground turkey
1 cup tomato juice (I used tomato sauce because I didn't have juice)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup oatmeal
2 eggs

Mix all together and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.  I divided this up into 6 servings and it's 183 calories per serving.  Not too shabby for something so great and comforting!

Evening Snack:  Popcorn

Wednesday, January 30

Breakfast:  Kashi Berry Fruitful Yield Cereal; mixed frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Morning Snack:  Peanut Honey Pretzel LunaBar

Lunch:  Tuna Salad; whole wheat pita; romaine leaf

Snack:  PB2; banana

Dinner:  Tuna Salad; 10 saltines

Evening Snack:  Popcorn

About this Tuna Salad...it is just simply awesome.  I received it from one of FITT-RX's clients who has her own personal chef business.  I almost feel special having the recipe.  She told me she only measures when she bakes, so this is what I put in my tuna salad which may vary from what she told me a bit.

Tuna Salad Recipe
Tuna - I had Chicken of the Sea Light Tuna in my cabinet
Lemonaise - bought at Whole Foods
Black Beans - bought cajun style black beans at whole foods
Corn
Red Onion
Avocado
Salsa - I didn't have salsa so I threw in chopped grape tomatoes
Cumin
Cayenne
Cilantro - I had dried, but fresh would be better
Fresh lime juice

Here's her information:
Homemade To Your Door
Denise Serpico Ortiz
homemade2yourdoor@yahoo.com

Oftentimes, she posts pictures of her meals on her Facebook page and they all look fantastic!

Thursday, January 31

Breakfast:  Kashi Berry Fruitful Cereal; almond milk; frozen mixed berries; coffee; creamer

At first, I wanted to show what a "serving" looks like.  Not much if you ask me.  I usually have about a serving and a half or even a bit more.  THEN, I noticed the bowl of cereal on the box.  Look how big that is!    Maybe 2 or even 3 servings.  Misleading!  All I gotta say is that a picture of what my bowl looks like would not sell as well as what's on the box....however...with my fruit and milk, maybe it would?

Lunch:  You may have guessed it!  Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps

Afternoon snacks:  White Chocolate Macadamia LunaBar; coffee; creamer; apple

Dinner:  Tuna Salad; whole wheat pita; romaine leaves stuck in the pita.  I'm not even tuna'd out yet:)

Dessert:  Frozen Greek Yogurt Gelato

Evening Snack:  Honey Nut Cheerios; frozen berries; coconut milk

I've been back to food journaling for 5 1/2 weeks now.  I noticed I haven't eaten as many sweets since starting this back up again.  Not even craving them.  I'm guessing it's because I'm sharing with lots of people my food intake and the pressure helps.  BUT, I don't feel pressure.  Weird.  I'd love to keep this up.

Have a great weekend!  






No comments:

Post a Comment