Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nash Trash, Segways, and Muffins!

Oh my gosh!  Where did the time go?  Luckily, everything is written down and a couple days are a real doozie!  Let me just say, that everything written today is guilt-free, because we have to live a little, right?

Throughout the week, I've had a lot of thoughts about how this blog entry was going to fly.  I've seen and read a lot about people's personal struggles with "dieting", and I'll be honest with you, I have never gone on a diet.  Instead, I went through a major lifestyle change.  That's what it's all about.  Please don't set yourself up to fail, and make yourself do things that are not feasible.  Healthy lifestyle choices will get you where you want to be when coupled with a positive attitude.  Try it...



OK, onto the week...bear with me.

Monday, February 4th

Breakfast:  Kashi Blackberry Hills Cereal; almond milk; frozen berries; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  Subway Chopped Salad - Seafood 'n Crab with lots of veggies; a bit of oil and vinegar; spices

Snack:  Apple; Cherry Pie Mini Larabar

Dinner:  Pita with ham, hummus, tomato and lettuce; pistachios

Evening snack:  Popcorn with a bit of Garrett's Chicago Mix sprinkled in.

Tuesday, February 5th

Breakfast:  Kashi Blackberry Hills Cereal; almond milk; frozen berries; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  Apple; Nutz over Chocolate Luna Bar

Snack:  Pistachios

Dinner:  Chicken stuffed with turkey bacon and a slice of swiss cheese on the top; quinoa and brown rice; 1 orange slice stolen from my son.  While making dinner...I polished off the popcorn from Garrett's.

Evening Snack:  I made these amazing Pomegranate Pumpkin Muffins.  I made mini ones for my boot campers and also made a few normal size for the family.  I ate some batter and also consumed 3 mini muffins.  The mini muffins are about 30-35 calories a pop, and the regular sized muffins are about 130 calories or so.
Healthy Pumpkin Pomegranate Muffins. Photo by SweetySJD

Muffin recipe - Now I did make adjustments.  For instance, I didn't have grape nuts so I crushed up the Kashi Blackberry Hills cereal.  I also didn't have wheat flour, so I just used all white flour instead.  Lastly, I didn't have buttermilk or soured milk, so I just mixed 3/4 c. skim milk with 1/4 c. greek yogurt.

Wednesday, February 6th

Breakfast: 1/2 Kashi Blackberry Hills cereal; 1/2 Special K with berries; frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  Better 'n Peanut Butter and Grape Jam Sandwich; apple

Snack:  Bananas Foster Mini Larabar

Dinner:  Turkey Burger on 1 piece of whole wheat bread; baked potato served with cottage cheese

Evening Snack:  Mini muffin (Pomegranate Pumpkin)

Thursday, February 7th

Breakfast:  Special K with Berries; frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  I had Egg Beaters in the fridge so I made an egg beaters, onion, cheese, and avocado scrambled eggs.  I also had 2 pieces of toast with Better 'n Peanut Butter.

Snack:  Bowl of Special K with Berries; frozen berries; almond milk

Long weekend vacation starts here...read without judgment...
GOT IT?
Plane ride:  I ordered a cranberry and vodka.  I got a can of cranberry and apple juice with a cute little vodka bottle.  After consuming most of the juice...I decided to read the label.  One can had 220 calories!  What the heck?

Pre-dinner at the hotel:  We were starving and our hotel had apples and Nutella on the counter!  Yep...dipped that fantastic apple into the Nutella...heaven.

Dinner:  Fish tacos; sweet potato chips eaten off of a friend's plate (thanks, friend!); and 2 beers.  These beers had to of had a high alcohol content.  Holy Schnike's...  

Friday, February 8th

Breakfast:  Vanilla Cafe au Lait with skim milk and 7 grain oatmeal.  Be careful when choosing oatmeal.  I had to go through all of the flavors to find one under 320 calories.  I think the one I chose had 200 calories.
We were asked if we wanted Starbucks or "real coffee".  We chose "real coffee" which led us to this diamond in the rough.  Great coffee and treats!

Lunch:  What lunch?  I was still full from the late breakfast and coffee.  

We went on this really fun Segway Tour of Nashville.  What a great way to see a city.  These babies cruise up to 13.4 MPH according to my speedometer.  Tennessee is proud of their history, and wow, it was really fantastic seeing what they've done to show off their pride.  What do they say....Tennessee Pride?  If my sister is reading this, I just want to tell her that I did not clench my butt cheeks together during the tour like she says people do on Segways.  Just sayin...



Happy Hour:  A Coors Light and an orange found in the hotel lobby.  Not literally "found", but offered as a nice gesture.

Dinner:  I have never, ever in my life seen a group of girls make such a snap decision on where to eat dinner. This was hysterical.  We asked the concierge where to eat dinner down by all of the bars on 4th and Broadway in Nashville.  Basically, they said there really are no restaurants.  Rather bars that serve food because Tennessee has a law that if you serve alcohol, you must serve food.  So we cab it down and we are dropped off at....drum roll please...Jack's BBQ!  It was the first place we see, and these ravenous women are like savages.  It's a cafeteria style place that serves beer.  DONE!  I order up a smoked turkey (dipped in BBQ sauce) sandwich, mac 'n cheese, and a Coors Light.  I don't believe a word was uttered for the first 5 minutes.  These ladies are hungry!


Evening Drinks:  Coors lights for the evening, coupled with a round of Soco Lime shots.  Make these double shots...geez Louise...they were huge.  I'll be honest with you...I have no idea how many beers I had...but we danced and laughed together all night and that's all that mattered.

Late Night Munchies:  We ordered up appetizers before we headed back to the hotel.  I had a 1/2 pretzel  stick dipped in sauce; a few nachos; chips with guacamole; and a mozzarella stick.  Of course another beer too.

Late Late Night Munchie:  Our hotel had a freezer full of ice cream snacks.  I went through what they had and the most "responsible" choice was a Skinny Cow Vanilla low fat ice cream sandwich.  Yes, I just "had to have it."

Saturday, February 9th

Breakfast:  We walked back to Casablanca coffee, and I enjoyed a non-fat Cafe au Lait with toasted marshmallow syrup and blueberry crumb cake.

Lunch:  Chipotle Carnitas Bowl

Saturday Tour of Nashville aka comedy on a big pink bus.





Seriously, one of the funniest things I have ever experienced.  If you go to Nashville, please take this tour.  It's more comedy than a tour, but you do get some interesting Nashville facts at times.  It's a raunchy good time and not for those who can't handle people who are insanely politically incorrect!  HA!!!  I now know what a crotch pot is, and I am too embarrassed to say what was marinated in it.  I'm not going any further so to get more info you'll just have to take the tour.  For their appetizer, they serve Ritz crackers and Easy Cheese.  No, I didn't have any crackers and cheese.

Too top it off, I got a phone call from Sheryl Lynn and she informed me that we were late for the tour.  WHAT!? I thought it started at 2:30...not 2:00.  Now I'm scared I'll be made fun of.  As she put it, "Haul your asses down here quick!  We're leaving soon."  Um, ok..we got there in 15 minutes.  Come to find out, it wasn't my fault.  They gave me the wrong time, but now I wonder if it was all a part of their comedy act to make one group late on purpose.  I was super embarrassed.  Oh, yes, I had 3 beers.

Happy Hour:  Bloody Mary with a green olive

Burpees:  As many of you may have seen on facebook, I knocked out 63 burpees in the hotel bar.  I forgot Friday's burpees so tacked them onto Saturday's.  Thanks to my husband's text...he reminded me.

Dinner:  We ate at the Germantown Cafe.

Our first drink was this pomegranate cranberry vodka cocktail and the second one was a cranberry and vodka.  For appetizers, our group shared the pork belly tator tots and the Fried Green Tomatoes.  The Nash Trash ladies highly recommended the French Onion Soup and it was fantastic!  Couldn't finish all of the cheese.  My main entree was the pan seared trout with white cheddar grits, sautéed kale & tomatoes topped with sweet corn coulis.  All very good.  Let's not forget the awesome little roll too.

Evening Fun:  We headed back to Broadway and hit a bar called The Stage.  Last night we bar hopped, and tonight we stayed here the entire time.  The Kangs were playing and they were fantastic!  We made friends with people and even ran into people we met the evening before.  The bartender could probably tell you how many drinks I had.  I wasn't there to count...just there to enjoy the evening and listen to seriously awesome live music.

Evening Treat:  Raided the hotel freezer again.  I made out with a free Skinny Cow sandwich again.  The hotel manager just looked at us and shook his head.  No need to pay...just go to your room.  YES...free food!

Sunday, February 10th

Breakfast:  Starbucks grande non-fat vanilla Misto; oatmeal

Our flight left around 11:20am.  Apparently weather was making it difficult to get into Chicago, so we circled around into Wisconsin and finally landed around 1:30.  I was starving and my poor friend suffered the consequences of what happens when I get hungry.  Poor thing...now she's a true friend.  I feel sorry for those who experience "hungry Jill".  

Late lunch:  Tuna salad on a croissant.  I don't remember the last time I ate a croissant, but this sandwich was awesome.  All $10 of it...damn airport!

My family picked us up and we headed to Portillo's.  I took what was left of the sandwich and I ate a few Portillo's fries with it.  My daughter also won some peppermint chocolate cookies at the school Winter Wonderfest and I consumed 2 of them.  Who ever made them is simply awesome!

Dinner:  Special K with berries; frozen berries; almond milk

Tomorrow is a new day...and I'm back to the real world.  Now off to plan this week's classes and do my 33 burpees.






No comments:

Post a Comment