Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Oil is not just for cooking anymore!

Ending Friday, February 15th

Dinner:  Homemade pizza with whole wheat crust (yuck!), cheese, and 7 thick sliced pepperonis.  I burnt the roof of my mouth BADLY (Today is Wednesday, and I still need to chew gently).  I stuck to 2 pieces, and to avoid eating a 3rd, I made a spinach salad with red onion and red peppers and poppy seed dressing.  I also enjoyed 1 Samoa cookie.

Evening Snack:  popcorn and water

Saturday, February 16th

Breakfast:  1/2 Special K with Red Berries Cereal and 1/2 Kashi Triple Berry Crumble; frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  Chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat bread.

Snack:  Apple; Apple Pie Larabar

Dinner:  I took the kids to Fratello's (kids eat free on Tuesdays!) for dinner.  I ordered the Salmon Chopped Salad, and when it came I began to eat it.  After a few bites, I realized they gave me the wrong salad.  They fixed the screw up, and I gobbled it right up.  water

Evening Snack:  PB2 and an apple

Sunday, February 17th

Breakfast:  Kashi Triple Berry Crumble; frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Lunch:  Roasted tomato soup with oyster crackers; pineapple; 2 samoa cookies

Afternoon treat:  Elijah's non-fat Cafe au Lait with cherry almond syrup; apple

Dinner:  I had leftover BBQ chicken so I looked up online to see if I could find a recipe for BBQ Chicken Salad.  Google is awesome.  Found one.  I cut up 1 BBQ chicken breast and added red onion, celery, 1 T. light miracle whip, and 2 T. BBQ sauce.  Mix and enjoy.  I had it between 2 pieces of whole wheat bread.  1/2 cup cottage cheese with pineapple chunks on top.

Evening Snack:  Popcorn

Monday, February 18th

Breakfast:  Kashi Triple Berry Crumble; frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Morning Snack:  apple

Lunch:  Subway Seafood 'n Crab Salad; unsweetened tea mixed with lemonade

Afternoon snacks:  coffee and a Kind Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Pecan Bar;  The bar was put in the flowers I got from Wade on Valentine's Day.  I'm glad they did, because it was good!

Dinner:  I made Turkey Chili in the crock pot.  I substituted sour cream for Greek Yogurt in the chili.  You would never know the difference.  1/2 of a Better 'n Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam Sandwich.

Turkey Chili  - 7 servings
1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey (browned)
1/4 c. onion - diced
1 celery stalk - diced
1/4 c. red pepper - diced
1 can black beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 can - water (I filled the tomato sauce can 1/2 way)
 
Heat in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.  1 serving is 191 calories.  If I put the dollop of greek yogurt, that might add an additional 20 calories maybe?  I say 7 servings, but I'm wondering if it's a bit more.

Evening Snack:  We ate dinner early, then headed to watch Marco play hockey.  When we got back, I had a small bowl of Kashi Triple Berry Crumble cereal with frozen berries and almond milk.  I just love that stuff!

Tuesday, February 19th

Breakfast:  EEEEKKKK!!!!!  I'm out of frozen berries:(  I had Special K with Red Berries cereal with almond milk; coffee; creamer

Morning Snack:  I had clients all morning and I was starving by 10:30.  Anyway, the only thing in the studio to eat are these protein bars.  Sidebar:  Come to think of it, I forgot about all of the Larabars we have.  Damn!  Anywho, back to the protein bars.  These bars have 310 calories.  That's just way too much for a snack, so I took a less than 1/2 of it and ate it.  Maybe 130 calories worth.  What's left of it is sitting next to me as I type.  Looks good, but nope, I'm not eating it even if it's loaded with protein.

Lunch:  Turkey chili with a dollop of Greek Yogurt

Afternoon Snack:  Apple

Dinner:  I went to Mike's Meat Market (OMG...the best place!) and bought twice baked potatoes with cheese and bacon and chicken breast stuffed with fresh vegetables and asiago cheese.  So this is what I had:

1 stuffed chicken breast with veggies - the cheese all melted out of it and was all over the pan
1/2 twice baked potato (these are big and so fantastic)
2 helpings:  Mixed greens salad with almonds, feta cheese, red onion, and pear - champagne dressing This salad was sooo good!
Shredded carrots and grape tomatoes sauteed in grape seed oil (very tasty)
Wine

Speaking of Grape Seed Oil, I'd like to share other uses for it.  As well as, Coconut Oil.
101 Uses for Coconut Oil
Other Uses for Grape Seed Oil

Dessert:  I was telling a couple friends about the PB2 and PB2 Chocolate so I mixed some up and served it with apples.

Evening Splurge that I blame on the wine:  Pistachios; 2 graham crackers with PB2 spread over it and drizzled with chocolate chips.  So awesome, but probably not the best choice since I had a couple more handfuls of chocolate chips afterwards!

Wednesday, February 20th

Breakfast:  I ran to Costco and bought more berries!  The crumbs of Kashi Triple Berry cereal mixed with Special K with Berries Cereal; frozen berries; almond milk; coffee; creamer

Lunch: Turkey Chili with a dollop of Greek yogurt

Snack:  Apple; rest of the protein bar I was talking about earlier.

Dinner:  1/2 of a leftover stuffed chicken breast from last night.  I ate it cold, because nuked chicken makes me gag.  A leftover twice baked potato; and leftover salad from last night too.  Probably the best leftovers I've had in a long time!!!!

Enjoy your evening!  I'm off to a TRX class soon at the studio.  Gonna get a good workout compliments of Vince!  I need it.  It's been tough getting my workouts in lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment