Friday, March 2, 2012

Patch and FITT-RX

Two great things happened today!  First, an article came out on patch.com that related to diet and exercise.  I was given the opportunity to discuss my professional and personal experiences with both of these topics.  Check it out.  PLUS, the article announced that we (my most awesomest business partner, Jen, is the "we" part of this announcement!) are opening FITT-RX, a personal training studio that also offers classes in downtown Elmhurst!  Being thrilled is definitely an understatement.  We are super excited!  We'll keep you posted on the soft opening, as well as, the GRAND opening!

Here is our logo designed by my very talented friend and graphic designer, Ellen!


The rest of Monday, February 29th

Snack:  So my huge burrito held me over for quite some time.  I had Almond Pops with Blueberries as my snack.

Dinner:  Tuna Lettuce Wrap - I mixed Light Miracle Whip with canned tuna, yellow and orange mini peppers, and pickle relish.  8 almond pops with blueberries...I'm almost down to the crumbs.

Evening Snack:  water and popcorn;  I'm wondering if this evening snack is becoming a habit or if I'm really even hungry.


March 1

Breakfast:  Kashi Go Lean Triple Berry Crumble, frozen blueberries, almond milk, and coffee with the york peppermint patty creamer and sugar

Workout:  I went to Courts Plus and took a Body Combat class that kicked my butt!

Snack:  Apple with 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter

Lunch:  My wonderful friend, Anne, made me Roasted Winter Veggies with Cheesy Polenta.  She knew I was blogging so included the 381 calories that were in the awesome dish.  It was my first polenta experience, and definitely not my last.  So good!  Water.

Snack:  Remember those Almond Pop crumbs?  Gone.  Gotta make a Costco run to buy more!

Dinner:  Remember Anne?  Well she also brought me Tomato Basil Soup that had 275 calories.  I paired this with a large spinach salad topped with croutons, strawberries, and creamy balsamic dressing.  Awesome dinner!  I washed it down with skim milk.

Evening Snack:  Popcorn.  Yep, becoming a habit.


March 2

Breakfast:  Kashi Go Lean Triple Berry Crumble, frozen blueberries, almond milk, coffee that was the same as yesterday.  Heck, the whole meal is.

Lunch:  6 inch Turkey and Provolone Sub from Subway.  I loaded it with veggies and topped it with yellow mustard.  I also had those light Frito Lay potato chips.  Olestra and all...they don't give me gastrointestinal issues, so I'm good.

Snack:  A Pecan Pie Lara Bar that was wow-I-can't-even-believe-how-good-this-is good!

The kids are going on a date with me tonight.  My hubby's been yucking it up in Jackson Hole, Wyoming on the ski slopes so it's date night with the kids!  The Lorax in 3D here we come, followed by dinner.  Not sure where, but I'll keep you posted on how the movie was and where we ate...I just hope it's not fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment