Saturday, March 31, 2012

Not as much journaling, but a heck of a lot more control. Mission accomplished!

Well, I'm so glad I named this blog Practicing What I Preach instead of Food Journaling.  I've got lots more to preach that does not have to do anything with food.  The food part was the hard part, the other stuff isn't so bad.  I haven't been writing my food down as religiously as I previously was, but can honestly say, it forced me to develop a food schedule so that's stuck with me well.  However, I have noticed some cheating since I don't have the pressure of writing it down for you all to see anymore.  I'll still write a few days down here and there to share, but not for 8 weeks straight!

Took the kids to the gym today so I could work out.  The hubby went on the Prairie Path to run 10 miles.  Overachiever...haha!  He's running the Mini-Marathon in Indianapolis that I was supposed to run, but I thought I'd better not due to the studio opening around that same time.  Lucky for me though, I've got the Madison to Chicago Ragnar Relay to look forward to, as well as, a half-marathon in Chicago come June.

Anyway, here's my workout today.  It was an easy one.  Took about an hour.

Stationary Bike - 20 minutes (moderate to high intensity)

3 Sets of Each:
Concentration bicep curls while doing a wall sit on an upside-down Bosu ball
Chest Flys while lying on the Bosu
Single Leg hip raises while lying on the Bosu
Push ups

Front Plank while lifting leg and going out to the side and up (30 secs each side)
Side Planks
Suitcase Crunches

Step Machine - 15 minutes (intervals)

Healthy Recipe
I found this fantastic recipe on Pinterest.

Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich.
1 (15oz) can of chickpeas
1 medium ripe avocado
1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
2 T. chopped green onion
Juice from 1 lime
Bread of your choice

Drain and rinse the chickpeas.  In a medium bowl, using a fork or potato masher, smash the chickpeas and avocado together.  Add in cilantro, green onion, and lime juice.  Spread salad on bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings.  This salad also makes a great dip for crackers or pita chips.  Be sure to keep the avocado pit in the salad/dip to keep it from turning brown while you store it in the refrigerator.  Enjoy!

I've also had many requests for the Green Monster recipe I posted a few weeks ago.  The title of the blog starts with Green Monsters so if you need it, it's on here!

Keep being mindful!

No comments:

Post a Comment