Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'll have a Cap'n 'n - uh oh...

Alright, I left off as we were heading off to see The Lorax in 3D.  All I can say is go see it for yourself.  Lots of great messages and made my kids asks good questions for 2 days.

Late afternoon snack:  I polished off most of a small unbuttered popcorn at the movie.

Dinner:  I walked the kids to Armand's for dinner.  We walked in and they didn't want to go there.  Ummm...this is what I was afraid of.  It is a special evening afterall.  So I ask them, "Where do you want to go then?"  Both answer, "Buffalo Wild Wings!"  OK, so we go straight back where we pretty much started from and went to Buffalo Wild Wings.  The kids ordered their usual kids meal, and I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Flatbread and a water.  I order water instead of a beer because I was already dreaming about that hot Chai Latte waiting for me when we get home.  So I go to my trusty iPhone app "Restaurants", and it gives me the calorie count for the flatbread I order.  One Flatbread is 908 CALORIES!  I eat half of it and take the rest home.  MINDFUL EATING at it's greatest:)

Evening drinks:  Water and that hot Chai Latte I was dreaming about earlier.

March 3

Breakfast:  Kashi Go Lean Triple Berry Crumble, Almond Milk, Frozen Blueberries (By the way, eating these frozen keeps the milk from getting warm.  Only way to go in my opinion...plus the fiber in the berries helps too.), and Coffee with the fixin's.

Lunch:  A Green Monster - full size

Afternoon Snacks:  Blueberry Lara Bar, and later on I had an apple with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.

Dinner:  I went to a YMCA fundraiser last night.  Lots of fun and saw a lot of familiar faces which was really nice.  So my date and I (yes, my hubby is on a plane flying back from Wyoming) decided that obviously the first place we must visit is the bar.  So we get in line and my first thoughts are:

1.  I'd love a beer, but I'm in this cocktail dress and a beer really doesn't match what I'm wearing.
2.  Wine would be a great alternative, but it gives me hangovers.
3.  Yes, I'll order a mixed drink.

So, I begin to tell the bartender, "I'll have a Captain and Diet....CRAP!  I tell myself, "I can't have a diet coke.  I've been drinking Cap'n and Diets for years, and now I can't...or better yet...won't.  I correct my order and say, "I'll have a Vodka Tonic with a lime."  I drank 3 of those at the fundraiser. 

At dinner, I ate a salad, enjoyed a small dinner roll with butter, and had veggies with roasted potatoes and a stuffed chicken breast.  I didn't finish the chicken.  They also offered red wine at dinner, so after telling myself they give me hangovers, I still managed to drink a glass of red wine simply because it was there.  For dessert, I ate the mousse which was covered in some sort of white chocolate concoction?  Not sure...but I love dessert, and I finished the whole thing.

So the fundraiser is over and we take a cab to Riley's.  Yay!  Wade is there and looking totally like a ski bum.  Loved it.  He orders me up a Miller Lite...liquor before beer, you're in the clear.  Here I go justifying again.  I drink 2 1/2 beers while listening to people sing Karaoke.  Good times...

We get home and I have the last 2 bites of the tuna I made the other day, and Wade and I finish my Buffalo Chicken Flatbread from the night before.  I'm happy to say that I ate the 2 smaller pieces that didn't have many "goodies" on it.  Late night eating is bad, but at least it wasn't White Castle.

March 4

Breakfast:  Banana and Kashi Go Lean Triple Berry Crumble, Blueberries, Almond Milk and Coffee.  Oh, and 2 Tylenol.

Lunch:  1 whole egg and 2 egg white scrambled eggs.  The mixin's I added were diced green peppers, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, spinach, and cheese.  I had 2 pieces of toast with a bit of margarine and cinnamon/sugar sprinkled on top.

Snack:  Orange

Later snack:  Kashi Go Lean Chocolate CaramelBar (150 calories);  My son's hockey game was running late and I was getting hungry.  I didn't pack a snack so my friend gave me one of these bars.  It was really good.

Dinner:  After the hockey game, we went to Lou Malnati's Pizza in downtown Chicago.  I had a bunch of their house salad with the raspberry vinegarette dressing, one piece of sausage deep dish pizza (I'm sticking to my Lou's pizza rule!), and a little bit of their chocolate chip cookie pizza with some ice cream.  The dessert is to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment