Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Zumba, Vomit, and Clutches

I cannot tell a lie...I have absolutely no idea what I ate last Tuesday.

Except Breakfast:  Yes, I know this.  Special K with Berries, frozen blueberries, almond milk and coffee with the fixin's.

Short run:  4 miles

Wednesday, August 15th

Breakfast:  Frosted Mini Wheats, frozen blueberries, almond milk

Snack:  Apple

Lunch:  Back Alley Burger - I enjoyed the Waldorf Burger which was a turkey burger with feta cheese, apples, and walnuts.  VERY GOOD!  I purposely did not order fries because the kids fries are huge and I stole a few of Marco's.  I brought water in with me.

Dinner:  We went to my friend, Erin's, house for a visit.  We went to their neighborhood pool and afterwards she treated us to dinner.  She had carrots, broccoli, and cucumbers with this awesome light artichoke/spinach dip.  It was very good!  I ate a chicken burger with the fixin's on a bun and 3 beers; 2 Miller Lite's and 1 Supper Club.  The Supper Club is from Wisconsin and EXCELLENT!  Oh, and I had tomatoes with mozzarella drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette and sprinkled with basil.  Thanks, Erin and family!  The Giorno's had an excellent time:)  Lastly, Erin had this awesome hard shell ice cream topping she put on vanilla ice cream.  She gave me a nice small serving.

Thursday, August 16

Breakfast:  Kashi GoLean Cereal; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee with fixin's

Lunch:  1 whole egg and 2 egg whites with spinach, yellow peppers, and cheese.

Short run:  6.5 miles

Snack:  Apple with peanut butter

We had a special event at Lululemon in Oak Brook Mall.  Jen and I led a fantastic group of 18 men and women in a boot camp.  They all did fantastic!  Afterwards, we invited everyone to Pints in Elmhurst for some post workout cheer.

A great group of Lululemon Boot Campers!  A free boot camp class every Thursday at 6:30.  Different studios and instructors lead the workouts.  This time it was our turn!

Dinner:  We ordered and shared (Yes, I had a nice amount) pork roast nachos (WOW), 2 312 beers, and 1 hot wing.  All was great!

Friday, August 17th

Breakfast:  OatFit Oatmeal (cinnamon roll) and a banana

I have to say eating oatmeal in the morning with that banana did hold me over until lunch time very well.

Lunch:  Tuna Lettuce Wrap - I mixed tuna with Greek yogurt and chopped up a red pepper in it.  I also had some pirate booty and an apple.

Family Zumba with Michelle!
Like her on facebook! 

So, my friend, Michelle, is a fantastic Zumba instructor.  She has the moves, and the attitude to match, to choreograph the perfect mix of  hour long booty shakin'.  I am a terrible Zumba dancer, but I had the best time watching my kids cut a rug on the dance floor.  I smiled the entire time:)

Here is a clip:

Dinner aka. Snacks and appetizers:  My friend, Tracey, had a 31 party.  31 is a fantastic line of totes, purses, sports gear, etc...  I like to say that I DID NOT make an impulse buy.  Rather, I bought something I needed...a casual dark denim clutch with a silver wrist band.  See here's the story...if you know me, I typically am struggling with keys on a neck lanyard, an iPhone, wristlet bag for cash (or lack of), credit cards, ID, etc...  I'm usually juggling them.  I seem to think that since I exited the diaper bag era, I feel like I can carry the smallest thing possible.  Only problem is that if I just put it all in a damn bag, I'd have one thing to carry and not 3 things.  I mean who looks cool with a set of keys around my neck like a necklace.  I blame this on Wade.  He is the KING of lanyards and somehow this weird habit has slithered it's way onto my neck.  So, here's my solution:  I bought a clutch that is still small, but can hold everything in a more fashionable way...I repeat, not an impulse buy:)

Ok, so I have crackers with a spinach/artichoke dip thingy, a piece of chocolate, turtle cookies (or something like them) and these fantastic other chocolate thingys I can't for the life of me think of their real name.  So good...  I also had a few blue chip crumbs and a couple beers.

Then for the after party we went to Pints and I had 1 more beer.

Saturday, August 18th

Breakfast:  Kashi GoLean Cereal; frozen blueberries; almond milk

We drove down to the city to enjoy the air and water show on Lake Michigan.  I truly believe this is the first time I've seen the water show on the water from start to finish.  The weather was perfect and the waves were tolerable.  I've been a boater for years, and yes, one year I got seasick and vomited in the cuddy waiting to lock back into the Chicago River.  Wade was busy taking pictures of the airplanes while I looked like death.  "Does he love me?"  "Will he survive setting the anchor, because I think the waves are going to throw him over the edge?"  Those thoughts quickly turned into, "Get me the F*&^ off this water!"  After 45 minutes, Wade said, "you really don't look good."  I think, "No shit, Sherlock."

Snacks and Drinks on the Lake:  My friend, Raj (aka the boat captain), made me a Bloody Mary, and I enjoyed tortilla pinwheels, strawberries, fruit salsa dipped in Stacy's Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips, and a ham sandwich with co jack cheese.  I also had a Leine's Berry Weis beer, 2 coconut La Croix's, and a Miller Lite and a half.
Liz 'n I
V-sitting for Jen

It was a fantastic day!  Afterwards, I took my daughter to the Chicago Bears game and I had a pretzel with cheese and a Diet Dr. Pepper.  That was my second diet pop since January.  Not bad...I will admit it was pretty damn good.  The game was great and my daughter lasted the entire game!  I was shocked!  We had the best time...and a long fun day:)

Bear Game Fun!


Sunday, August 19th

Breakfast:  Frosted Mini Wheats; frozen blueberries; almond milk

Long Run-13 miles

Lunch:  2 Tuna lettuce wraps and pirate booty; water

Dinner:  Kashi GoLean Cereal; fro.

Evening snack:  Moose Tracks ice cream and some cinnamon sugar pita chips with fake Nutella.

Monday, August 20th (first day of school!)

Breakfast:  Kashi GoLean; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee with the fixin's

Lunch:  1 whole egg and 2 egg whites; spinach; yellow pepper; 2 slices turkey bacon mixed for scrambled eggs

Dinner:  1/2 tuna salad sandwich; apple with peanut butter

Evening Snack:  Frosted Mini Wheats; frozen blueberries; almond milk

Tuesday, August 21st

Breakfast:  Kashi GoLean Cereal; frozen blueberries; almond milk; coffee

Snack:  Apple

Lunch:  Salad with spinach, cranberries, candied walnuts, feta cheese, and chicken.  Dressing was pomegranate vinegar mixed with a bit of olive oil.

Later, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment