Monday, August 13, 2012

Adele, Train, and fantastic restaurant recs!

Finishing off Saturday, August 11th

So, I must share my texting story.  It's hilarious to me and the parties involved, so I hope you can at least chuckle along with us because it made my cheeks hurt and jokes to follow for over 24 hours post texting.

OK, so Jen and I haven't had a chance to go out and celebrate FITT-RX with our husbands until this past weekend.  We were looking into finding a great restaurant without having to drive.  We are responsible people and opted to riding the train, instead of making someone be the designated driver.  Or I guess you could look at it as, "what a bunch of lushes.  Not one person is willing to drive?"  The answer..."no."  We are celebrating and our husbands are a huge part of FITT-RX...a HUGE part of it:)

Our friend, Rachel, I would say is a restaurant connoisseur in my opinion.  She always knows the hot spots in the Chicago area so I sent her on a goose chase to give us her "professional" recommendations.  She did not disappoint.  Here's what she came up with and to be nice, I'll include links in case any of you are interested.

And, yes, I've gone off on yet another tangent, but thought some of you may enjoy.

Glen Prairie, Glen Ellyn, IL
Topaz, Burr Ridge, IL
Salpicon, Chicago, IL
Chicago q, Chicago, IL
West Town Tavern, Chicago, IL
Adelle's, Wheaton, IL
Davanti Enoteca, Chicago, IL (been here and it's fabulous!)
Sable Kitchen, Chicago, IL
RPM Italian, Chicago, IL (Bill and Giuliana Rancic's place)
The Roof Top at The Wit, Chicago, IL

OK, obviously I need to get out more, because I've only been to one of these places.  So here's the texting debacle.

Jill:  Adelle's in Wheaton at 8:00.  We can take the 7:12 train.  My sitter's coming at 6:30.  Maybe catch a quick drink at 100 South first?  Then after dinner we can catch the 10:54 train back to Elmhurst.  How's that sound?  No driving.

Jen:  Great!  Do we need tickets?

Jill:  We can get them in the train.

Jen:  No the concert u dork!  Ha

Jill:  What concert?  Adelle's is a restaurant.

Jill:  Omg...that is so funny!

Jill:  3:00 run still good for u tmoro?  How many u need to do?

Jen:  Omg!! I am so stupid!  I am dying laughing right now.

Jen:  Ended up running 10 miles.  Never ran that in my life.  First 45 min were awful!  Ran with my K Swiss today.  Only a little shin pin.  Yay!

Jill:  Oh good!  Glad u got it in.  thought u did a shorty today.  So no long run for you tmoro:)  Lucky dog.  Yes, I've been laughing about you going to see Adele tmoro night.  Seriously...too funny!

Jen:  Shut up!  I am so dumb!  I couldn't decide between 4 and 10.  Said f$$$ it and did 10.

Jen:  So I just told Ken about my misunderstanding.  He said, "shut up!  Are you kidding me?!?  She is playing at the Olympics during the closing ceremonies."

Jill:  But we heard she's warming up in Wheaton!

Jen:  Ha ha!!!

Jill:  Thank Wade for that one.  I'm still laughing at you.  Plus, I love how I answered about the train tix and you called me a dork.  LOLOLOL!

Jen:  that's what makes it funnier!  I totally was thinking, "why would she assume I didn't know how to get train tickets?" in my face.

Jill:  And I thought, "Geesh, has she never been on a train?"

And the jokes went on and on that entire evening.  Jen is a sport!  She got me that evening though at Adelle's.  We were talking about finding our "Chi" which I can't do, and instead of me saying "Chi" (pronounced Chee), I said "Chai" (like the tea).  Now I'm the DORK!

OK...enough said.  Onto to the dinner and drinks.

Pre-dinner drinks:  100 South Extra Dirty Ketel One Martini with 1 blue cheese olive; Adelle's Pomegranate Martini

Dinner:  We split our appetizers between the 4 of us.  Risotto; Tempura Green Beans; For dinner, I had the Red and Golden Beet salad, and for the main course I devoured the Andouille Crusted Scallops.  For dessert, we split the taffy apple bread pudding between 3 of us.  I believe I probably had most of it.  The entire meal was simply fantastic!  I also had a couple vodka drinks at dinner as well, and can't remember the name of it.  Basically, you give them a type of vodka then they make the drink.  It's muddled with mint, etc...sort of like a mojito and so delicious.

After dinner, we enjoyed a private concert by train as we headed back to Elmhurst.  HA!

Sunday, August 12

Breakfast:  A couple pieces of French toast with a bit of margarine and syrup.  A handful of Frosted Mini Wheats and orange juice

Long Run:  I entered the unchartered territory of my marathon training and finished 15 miles.  By the way, as you enter Glen Ellyn, the prairie path is absolutely beautiful.  A pretty run.

When I got home from my run, I NEEDED to go to Costco and Jewel.  My cupboards were bare and mama had to fill them back up.  At Costco, I sampled this Oat Fit Oatmeal.  It was good and I bought a box.  My son is an oatmeal eater and so are Wade and I.  You wouldn't know that after reading my posts though.

2g of fat, 100 calories, 0 sugar, 4g protein, 18g carbs

Dinner:  Banana with fake Nutella and I found a Kale salad recipe that was just ok.  Glass of Tru Moo chocolate milk that was diluted down with skim milk.

Evening snack:  Popcorn

Monday, August 13th

Breakfast:  Special K Red Berries Cereal; frozen blueberries; almond milk; handful of raspberries

Morning snack:  Oatmeal Raisin granola bar

Lunch:  Finished off the Kale Salad, raspberries, and a chicken burrito.  I found these burritos at Costco.  I think I looked at everything, but the calories.  One burrito is 320 calories.  Note to self...you're afternoon snack must be light!
OK, their marketing dept. had me at SKINNY.  I'm not a big organic guru, but didn't even think to look at the nutrition facts.  Now look below.


Check out the carbs!  59g which is 20% of an average person's daily allowance.  That's a lot of carbs in a 6oz. burrito.  The 320 calories I wasn't thrilled with either since I'd like to eat more than just a 6oz. burrito for lunch.  
Snack:  apple

Dinner:  Tilapia on the George Foreman grill, roasted zucchini and jalapenos, 1/2 cup Chicken Fajita Rice a Roni (not a big fan of) which is another high sodium, high carb dish.  For dessert, I ate about a cup of frozen kefir.  This is tart, tangy, and soooo good!  Oh, and I had 2 dark chocolate granola crisps. Oh, and before I put the Moose Tracks ice cream back in the fridge, I had a couple spoonfuls of that.  Oh goodness, need to eat better during the day.  I'll blame it on the 15 miles yesterday.

Need to drink more water tonight.

Enjoy your evening with your families.  We've got kids baths next! 












No comments:

Post a Comment