Saturday, August 11, 2012

Chuckwalla Lizards to Reality TV Addictions

Finishing off August 9th

The Bears pre-season opener was this night and my husband took our son to the game.  Lucky boy:)  Mommy gave up her ticket, but of course, I wasn't going to watch the game at home.  I met my friends in Naperville and we went to a place called "Bottom's Up" for dinner and drinks.  Sounds like my kinda place with the way this blog is turning out to be.  Seriously...if you read from January thru March you know I don't drink this much beer.  I'm telling you...it's summer people!

Dinner:  A "lightly breaded" (whatever...they say this so it sounds like it's healthy) chicken sandwich and fries (I did not finish...rare!)  2 1/2 drafts of Coors Lite.  The food was good, atmosphere was great, and the company was fantastic.

Late evening snack:  1/2 cup Frozen Kefir - I was introduced to this after the half marathon I ran in June.  This stuff costs an arm and a leg, but it's very, very good.  I buy it when it's on sale.  Low in calories and very healthy.

Friday, August 10th

Breakfast:  Kashi Blueberry Cluster cereal, blueberries, almond milk, and coffee with non-fat hazelnut creamer

Lunch:  We went to the Brookfield Zoo for the first time in 2 years.  Finally, renewed our zoo pass, because it's worth it:)  I ALWAYS pack a lunch when we go to the zoo.  We each had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread; sliced apples; string cheese; and a granola thin with dark chocolate (80 calories of yum yums).  If you buy your food there, you'll end up eating pizza, hot dogs, fries, pretzels, nachos, or sandwiches that costs too much.  In fact, I CHOSE to buy our drinks there and for a Gatorade and a water I spent $6.00 - highway robbery!  Plus, just a note to all you zoo members...if you buy anything that is on an outside cart, you DO NOT get your food discount.

At the zoo, my kid's favorite exhibits were Stingray Bay and the Chuckwalla Lizards.  We spent almost an hour in Stingray Bay, because we FINALLY found a spot where the stingrays swam up to you.  The mama Chuckwalla Lizard had babies in March.  We had THE best time watching the comedy these lizards put on.  Seriously, they are way better than watching any of those ridiculous shows my husband watches (he knows I think they are ridiculous) like Swamp People, American Hot Rod, Jersey Shore, Ice Road Truckers (has anyone ever seen an accident yet?), Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, American Pickers (OK, I'll watch this only because they are based in Iowa.  GO HAWKS!), American Choppers, Myth Busters (I will watch this at times), COPS, Pimp My Ride, Monster Garage, Bikini Barbers (train wreck), American Hot Rod, Deadliest Catch, Miami Ink (yes, I watch too), LA Ink (I also watch), Survivor (agree!), The Amazing Race (agree), Fear Factor (agree!), Rock Star INXS (we both liked), Wipeout (agree), Cake Boss (I will watch with him),  and Rob and Big.

But now that I've gone to Wikipedia for the reality show list, I will make this a fair game and will unveil what shows I have watched (then and now).  The Real World, Road Rules, Laguna Beach, The Hills, Blind Date, Temptation Island (hey, we knew one of the girls!), The Bachelor (I don't watch every show), The Bachelorette (I don't watch the entire season), Biggest Loser, Extreme Makeover - house edition, Extreme Makeover - weight loss edition, Joe Millionaire, Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?, Who Wants to Marry My Dad?, Parental Control, A Shot of Love with Tila Tequila, Rock of Love with Bret Michaels, Trading Spaces, Clean Sweep, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Dr. 90210, Celebrity Fit Club, Wife Swap, Super Nanny, Newlyweds - Nick and Jessica, Blow Out (DUMB), The Girls Next Door, Meet the Barkers, The Gastineau Girls, Hogan Knows Best, Keeping up with the Kardashian's, Kimora, Life in the Fab Lane, The City, TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes, Big Brother, Survivor, Fear Factor, The Amazing Race, The Apprentice, Wipeout, American Idol, America's Got Talent, Dancing with the Stars, Project Runway, The Voice, America's Next Top Model (If I said ANTM, who would've know what I was talking about?).

For a way to waste a half hour, click here.


OH MY GOD...DID I JUST GO ON A TANGENT ABOUT REALITY TV!?  I WENT FROM CHUCKWALLA LIZARDS TO REALITY TV.

DISCLAIMER:  PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE SHOWS WERE NOT A SERIES I WATCHED TO THE FINISH.  THESE ARE SHOWS I MAY HAVE WATCHED ONE OR MORE EPISODES OF.  I WILL NEVER, EVER COMPLAIN OF MY HUSBANDS REALITY TV ADDICTION.  IT APPEARS THAT I MAY HAVE ONE OF MY OWN.  I HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU HAVE A PROBLEM TO DO WHAT I JUST DID.  HOLY CRAP!


A Chuckwalla Lizard - Feather and Scales exhibit at the Brookfield Zoo
Go see them!

Dinner:  Peppered Pork Roast; veggies, quinoa and brown rice, chocolate chip cookies dipped in moose tracks ice cream.  This dessert should've been highly avoided.  Thank goodness, I'm running this weekend.  BTW...my Saturday afternoon run has quickly turned into a Sunday afternoon run.  You'll understand this if you read my post about texting.

Saturday, August 11th

Breakfast:  Special K Red Berries Cereal, blueberries, almond milk, coffee with non-fat hazelnut creamer

Workout:  I instructed 2 TRX workouts this morning and did the first one.  The second one I instructed but did not participate as much.

Lunch:  1/2 Sandwich with ham, cojack cheese, and margarine spread.

Heading off on a family bike ride in a bit, and then will be going out to dinner in Wheaton this evening.  I will share a hysterical texting story if I get permission from the victim.  OMG...funny.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment