Friday, November 27, 2015

21 Day Fix Results!

Top 10 things I've learned:
1.  Planning is key!
2.  The first week is tough.
3.  Doing it with friends is awesome because you hold each other accountable.
4.  I love steel cut oats with peanut butter!
5.  Make it a game, then you won't cheat.
6,  Bring food with you when you know you'll be gone for more than 3 hours.
7.  I can't believe the amount of food I'm eating!
8.  Get a coach...like Antonette.  She's awesome!
9.  I need to learn to like hard boiled eggs more.
10. They tell you it gets easier...and it DOES!

The only foods I've eaten out of my pantry have been walnuts, peanut butter, steel cut oats, black beans, chocolate shakeology, spices, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and canned tomatoes. I've given up my Kashi cereal with blueberries and almond milk.  That was tough for me as it's been my staple breakfast for a few years.  I've also given up pretzels, chips, pasta, bread, and rice.

From my fridge I'm living on EGGS, beets, spinach, carrots, celery, peppers of every color, cucumbers, tomatoes, hummus, chicken, fish (mostly salmon), steak, ground chicken, ground turkey, pork, cottage cheese, and cholula hot sauce.

I tried avoiding all dairy, however, I was really getting tired of all the meat I was eating so one of my proteins ended up being cottage cheese which I like anyway.  I stayed away from yogurt because the damn stuff seems to make my stomach hurt.  I'm getting old!

I haven't mentioned it until now, but I had a lot of friends question why I was doing this.  I workout, I'm fit, I exercise, and I eat pretty well.  All I can say is that at the bottom of this blog, I will share my results and the wonderful things that came out of completing the program. You'll never see me hype anything up unless I truly believe in it.

Here's a few texting highlights and lowlights with my friends.


My freaking dog chewed up my protein container!  I ate tuna out of it, then set it near the couch.  Ugh...I'm sure she couldn't resist the tuna smell.

Sometimes threats help!

By this time I was sleeping much, much better!  I think with the deeper sleeps, we're also dreaming more, thus dreaming of food we crave!



And then we had these moments...  Antonette said it...we were acting like we were on Survivor.


Then we were turning into eggs, and giving up our first borns???

Costco cart example...

 I'm pretty sure this was 5 days in.  I've been dealing with t-zone redness for quite some time.  It's just incredible that by now it's almost completely gone!  I'm amazed.  If you deal with complexion issues, doing this will work wonders!


Holy Crap...look what Carrie found just a week in!  Hahaha!!!  Only a bunch of moms would see the c-section scar.  Yes, I have one too:)



And then this happened.  I was so upset throwing out food I'd purchased.  Luckily, we have a second fridge to throw stuff in, but if I had to go to the basement any more I was going to kill someone.  Our new fridge is awesome though!!!


Let me just say this...Carrie made an unbelievable pumpkin oatmeal, and brought it to the studio.  It was amazing.  I usually ate my carb between 3-4 in the afternoon to get me through until dinnertime, and my choice was either this oatmeal, or steel cut oats with a teaspoon of peanut butter.  Jodi swore that there was something in there that was a NO NO.  Come to find out Carrie put Almond Milk CREAMER in it!  Seriously??  A violation of our 21 day fix program and she didn't even know she sabotaged it.  Damn you, Carrie!  Lucky we all still love her though. 


Just like the mint I had at Egg Harbor, Jodi ate a candy corn.  It's over.  She ruined everything.  HA!!!


And then I had the toughest weekend of all.


Thursday night:  Luke Bryan Concert
Luckily, I was going with another friend who also was on the Fix.  I did not drink, but I did successfully smuggle chicken, veggies, hummus, a clementine, and a La Croix into the United Center!  I felt like I was sneaking booze in.  Seriously, what had this world come too!

Friday night:  40th Birthday/Halloween Party 
Thankfully, this was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.  Enjoying La Croix with a twist of lime makes it a bit more fancy...like you're drinking.  When everyone is dressed and looking goofy, you kind of forget about drinking.  Lastly, I brought veggies and hummus, however, their food fit perfectly into the FIX!  They had fajitas which I got to enjoy a full plate of chicken and veggies.

Saturday night:  Halloween
I'm the first person to admit that I'll sit on my front porch drinking blood (wine) or beer as those cute little trick or treaters come on by.  Luckily, the weather kind of sucked so it wasn't as bad.  Also, our new fridge was being installed.  I was super excited about that.  Now let's talk about candy...today is November 26th, and I have yet to dig into my kid's Halloween candy.  THIS IS HUGE!  One of us didn't fare so well...


Sunday:  Bears Game
THE SINGLE HARDEST DAY OF THE ENTIRE 21 DAYS.
For 19 years, Wade and I have been going to Bears games together.  Tailgating wasn't bad.  I had fish grilled for me without the breading.  I drank water.  So far, so good.  Now get myself into the game and not having a beer at my seat???  That was awful.  I yearned for that beer so bad.  Instead, I drank water and ate the veggies and oranges I smuggled into Soldier Field.  Yep, clementines down my pants.  Seriously, this was ridiculous, but mandatory.  Find me healthy food there...you won't.

Our goal is here!!!
Day 21 comes and goes.  I NEVER cheated, and then Day 22 comes!  Our goal was to get to the Hot Chocolate Run in Chicago to celebrate!  YES!!!  We run the race, indulge in amazing chocolate fondue, head out for a couple beers and lunch, and enjoy rehashing our experience.



It's not the end...
Every single person in our group decided to continue on with the maintenance program.  We may not follow it to a T, however, now we know what to do.  Our results continue to amaze us, and we still text sharing our triumphs, whoopsies, results, and everything in between.  I've gotten to know these women better and appreciate everything they've taught me.

My results and what I learned:
After the 21 days, I lost 7.5 inches and 6.25 lbs., which is exactly where I want to be.  I felt great! My complexion looks better, I'm able to fall asleep faster and stay asleep throughout the night, I'm more productive, my workouts feel better, and my kids and husband are eating a ton more vegetables and fish now.  I feel like there's always something to eat, whereas, in the past I remember thinking that I didn't have anything to eat in the house.  Lastly, I feel way more confident in my swimsuits!

I'd like to thank my friends who did it with me, and my friend and coach, Antonette, was second to none!  Last but definitely not least, Wade.  He was incredibly supportive throughout each day.  I think he liked the fact that dinner was on the table or leftovers in the fridge a little more than usual.

Disclaimer:  Beachbody did not put me up to this.  I doubt they even know I wrote it, but in the end, I loved the program, and will let friends and clients know that I believe in it.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill, I enjoyed reading your blog. My 21day fix is starting as soon as I get the containers. ive done whole 30, which was very good for me but, a person could still eat a lot of food that way. Cramming my food into tiny containers might be the way to go!

    ReplyDelete