Monday, November 9, 2015

21 Day Fix with Friends Part 1

Last summer was probably the toughest summer at the pool for me in years.  There, I said it.  I bought 2 swimsuits that I considered "not my style", but cute.  I'm obsessed with abs (and shoulders), and I didn't have them anymore.  I accepted it.  People may disagree, and that's totally fine.  I'll still love all of you.

There's the back story, before I continue on.

Fast forward 3 months, and I'm looking forward to the fall and winter months.  Boots, sweaters, layers, scarves...  I've consistently worked out as that's definitely something I enjoy.  Not always at the time, but who can't love a tough workout after it's been completed!  Here's my problem...I fell into crappy, awful, terrible eating patterns.  Mindless eating; handfuls of this; handfuls of that; all the time.  Overall, I'm not a terrible eater, but I could use some reminders that my choices weren't always positive.  A classic example was my daily dose of desserts.  I always grabbed a handful of chocolate chips after dinner, or I ate a Zone Bar or Cliff Bar that had chocolate on it.  I am a chocolate fiend!

In September, my friend, Antonette, began talking about a 21 day clean eating program that she was going to follow.  It's a Beachbody program where people can purchase workout DVDs, a shaker, portion control food containers, food manual, and a shake called Shakeology.  She followed the 21 Day Fix Extreme Countdown to Competition eating program, drank the shakes, and followed her own workout regimen.  Throughout the week, I witnessed her eating from these colorful containers.  I saw her excited about 12 almonds or getting her teaspoon of peanut butter.  She DID NOT CHEAT for 21 days, and get this, she couldn't drink alcohol the entire time!  Those of you who have read my past posts know I like my beer.

Antonette prevailed.  Her before and after pictures were crazy awesome!  She was thrilled.  So why would one not be interested in trying it out after seeing her results.  DAMN, the girl became a Beachbody Coach following her experience.  After knowing her and her personality, this girl always gives 200% and that is what captured me.  I had the opportunity to watch her coach a few of our clients through the 21 days only to see them see positive results.

I needed to experience this program and believe in it myself before I could encourage others to give it a go.

And then it began...

1 comment:

  1. I will do it with you! I bought the program this summer and barely took it out of the box. I need an accountability partner! I, too, bought 2 very cute swimsuits this summer and HATED how I felt in them. I'm not ready to accept that 42 is the demise of my body. If you lead, I WILL FOLLOW.

    ReplyDelete