Saturday, November 14, 2015

21 Day Fix with Friends Part 2


I've committed.  But now the big question is finding the absolute perfect time to start.  There is NO perfect time to start.  My head is thinking I've got a wedding, overnight at a hotel, Luke Bryan concert, 40th birthday party, Halloween, Bears game, and the first Mother Pucker game of the season (HELLOOOOOO, Fireball shots!). Will. I. Cheat??

It's like the perfect time to get have a baby or getting a puppy, right?  OK, that's stretching it just a bit:)

So, I think let's get through the wedding and start off on Sunday, October 18th.  Now there's a motive to this date.  My friend, Jodi who has also committed to the 21 Day Fix, and I signed up for the Hot Chocolate Run in Chicago on November 8th.  It just happens to be Day 22 which means we can celebrate our 21 days eating chocolate and having a few cocktails.  I needed that carrot in front of me to help the situation I've just gotten myself into.

The night before Day 1 is a Saturday night. I went shopping and bought all the necessities to prepare for the next week. I stay home and made turkey meatballs, turkey chili, and steel cut oats. I planned to enjoy a pumpkin beer, but don't. Note the texts I'm receiving...


While they're having their last supper, I'm home preparing. 

I'm ready!  I'm Set. Let's Go!!

Day 1
I'm not going to bore you with every detail, but here's the gist of what's going on here. I'm eating clean. My cycle goes 3 cups veggies, 0 cups fruit, 6-1/2 cup protein, 1-1/2 cup carb, 0-1/4 cup healthy fats, zero-2 tbsp seeds and 21 fix approved dressings, and 3 teaspoons of nut butters (I'm going to say that every teaspoon throughout the program was peanut butter. Often the highlight of my day!) for 2 days. Then on every 3rd day, I have 3 cups vegetables, 1 cup fruit, 4-1/2 cup proteins, 2-1/2 cup carbs, 1-1/4 cup healthy fats, 1-2 tbsp seeds and dressings, and 2 teaspoons peanut butter.

And this cycles for 21 days!  This is the official 21 Day Fix Extreme Countdown to Competition Program. Day 1 a success!!!

Loving that National Chocolate Cupcake Day just happens to be on our first day. 


The following Tuesday proves to be my first test. I head to Egg Harbor for lunch.   I pack food to bring with me, and I was just going to drink coffee, however, Coach Antonette talks me into saving my food for later, and ordering from the menu. They have turkey burgers.

Egg Harbor doesn't serve turkey burgers anymore. What??  They don't serve veggie burgers. What??  I order a chicken sandwich and instead of harbor potatoes, I asked for a side of fruit. The meal ends up being $14 with tip, and I ate a piece of chicken (took off the bread), slice of tomato, and fruit. $14 freaking dollars!!!  We leave with our mints, I pop one in my mouth, take a swig of coffee, and comment how good the coffee tasted with the mint. Then it happened, I messed up!  I had a mint!!
I fessed up. 


And Carrie is starving. 

Below it's mentioned that one of us experienced headaches at the beginning. It subsided. Also, one of us was always hungry, and a few of us couldn't get all the food down. For me it was a lot to eat every 2-3 hours throughout the day.


That first week proved to be a huge adjustment. It's got to get easier, right?

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment