Wednesday, October 10, 2018

What in your life is missing?

Lacing the shoes back up...

This was me this morning...
😩🏃🏻‍♀️😐😊🌥💦🏃🏻‍♀️👭👮‍♂️👍🙌👊🙏☺️

I turned on the TV Sunday morning to watch the Chicago marathon and memories instantly entered my mind of the time I myself conquered the course.  Runners of all shapes and sizes, paces all across the board, and I entered friends and acquaintances into the tracking system so I could check on their progress.  Each runner has their own unique story of how they got to that point, and I think that's what makes me appreciate these accomplishments even more.

My last organized run was the Ragnar Trail run in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.  Probably one of the most agonizing things I've ever physically done.  I run to escape and this race prohibited one to escape because you had to concentrate on every root, rock, and obstacle that came your way in the dark.  Longest runs ever...

Fast forward just over a year from that trail run, and I can't remember another outdoor run that I've done since then. Maybe the Turkey Trot, but nothing where I woke up and ran just to run.  Until today... I keep thinking about last weekend's marathon, and I actually googled Chicago half marathons yesterday.  What is happening?  Am I getting the bug back finally?

So this morning I laced up my running shoes, couldn't find ear buds compatible to my phone, and walked out of the house sans music.  Actually not a big deal since I often run without music.  I hit the pavement and boy did it feel good.  I saw people I haven't seen in a while and started asking myself if I've been in a cocoon for the past year.  I've been at FITT-RX and OTF for my workouts, but I realized how much I enjoy being outside to clear my head.

Knocked out 5.5 miles.  Not too shabby for someone who hasn't been out in a while.  Thank God for muscle memory!

Think about things you miss.  Especially ones that are good for you and jump back on the horse.  You'll be happy you did.  Anyone up for a spring half?  🙌

No comments:

Post a Comment