Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Power of a Text.

I am training for a big race in October and this weekend I had a step down week.  Ran 12 last weekend and this weekend I was gearing up for "only" 9.  Believe me, step downs are nice to have, especially for what my mind went through this weekend.  Anyway, here is my weekend conversation I had with myself about this 9 mile run.

Friday night:  Ok, I teach 2 TRX classes in the morning so I'll get up at 6am, run for an hour and a half and teach the classes.

Saturday morning:  Ummmm...no.  I'm sleeping in til 7, then I'll just run Sunday morning.  Heck, I teach 2 classes and one of them I'm doing the workout anyway, so that counts for something, right?

Sunday morning:  I wake up 3 minutes before my 7am wake up call to run my 9.  NOT!  This bed feels so good and heck, I'll just do it when I get up around 8.  I crawl out of bed at 8:45 and I'm not feeling it.  I'll just do it after my class tomorrow at 11:00am.  It'll be hot, but jeepers, it's been HOT all summer so that's not that big of a deal.

Sunday afternoon:  We drive to a graduation party and on the way there, I talk to my friend, Jen.  She says she's going to run that evening.  I tell her I still have to get my run in so I'll go with her.  We agree to an early evening run.  Meanwhile, at the graduation party, I absolutely gorge myself with all sorts of great food including mac 'n cheese, fried chicken, cole slaw, appetizers, and desserts which I eat way too much of.  I will post my food journal later.  So we leave the party and I tell my husband there is no way I can run because I just ate way too much.  This is what ensues.


We run and I finish 8 miles.  Only puked a little in my mouth once:)

Thanks, friend.  If it wasn't for you, I would've run in the midday heat and regretted that I didn't do it the day before.  Now that's the power of a friend and text messaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment