Sunday, April 15, 2012

Is it going to easy? Maybe not. Worth it? Absoflippinlutely!

Last week, I was on the treadmill at the gym watching the highlights of the Master's tournament.  Bubba Watson was being interviewed, and I couldn't help but bring a tear to my eye.  Seriously, this guy is awesome!  Winning the Master's is a dream come true to many young golfers all over the world, and his emotional interviews encompassed what this truly meant to him. 

GOALS - He had goals.

Hours on the driving range.  Hours on the putting green.  Hours on the course.  All added up to reaching his lifelong dream.

So, I put this into perspective for me.  I run.  I don't LOVE running, but I LOVE reaching goals.  A couple times a year, I make a goal to run 2 half marathons.  I enjoy the training, but NOTHING compares to crossing that finish line after weeks of long, hard work.  Think about it...why train for something if it was easy.  It's not...at least for me.  And then I think about a quote I came across on Pinterest.  It read...


 "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.  I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

This is my go-to quote for those I work with.  I'm there for them 110%.  I'll help them reach their goals.  BUT - I'll tell ya, you have to work for what you get.  You work hard, and I guarantee, the prize in the end will all be worth it!

Go, BUBBA!  Thanks for showing the world whatcha got!  You definitely inspired this girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment