Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27

Did you know that the potassium in a banana flushes out excess sodium, giving you a flatter belly?  I did not know that.  Bananas haven't been a favorite of mine, but now I may eat one every now and then.

Onto the food journal...

Thursday, January 26

Breakfast - Kellogg's Special K with Berries cereal, Almond Milk, Frozen Blueberries and coffee with the Almond Joy creamer and sugar.

Lunch - OK, this gets interesting.  At a certain cafe, I order my usual tuna lettuce wrap.  The girl says to me, "So how are you liking the tuna?"  I reply, "Well, the last 2 seemed to be a little to mayonnaise-y to me.  I wondered if you changed up the way you were making them."  She then says, "We're buying the tuna premade through a food service."  BUMMER!!!  The tuna does not taste as good and I'm sure wasn't as healthy as it being homemade right there on the premises.  I was sooooo sad.  So I opted for an egg beaters wrap (whole wheat) instead with a Coke Zero and Baked Original Lays potato chips.  When the wrap came out, it was big.  I thought to myself, how much egg beaters were put in here?  If I wasn't keeping a journal, I would've polished off the whole wrap.  Instead, I ate half of it and brought the rest home.  That's control!  Oh, and it was very good!  I'll continue to make my own tuna lettuce wraps at home now.  :(

Water is being consumed this afternoon.  Gotta work on the water consumption!

Snack 2:25 pm- Tropical Fruit LaraBar.  It's just ok...not as good as the lemon one.  Mind you...these bars range between about 190 calories to 240 calories!  How I justify this is by repeating to myself, "this is my one afternoon snack.  I haven't gotten crazy at breakfast and I didn't go crazy at lunch.  If I can continue that, I'll have my LaraBar.  They have very few ingredients and not a single ingredient I can't pronounce.  LIKE!

Side note - I noticed the bar kept me fuller until dinner.  This a problem I have all of the time.  Maybe I solved it.

Dinner - I ate the other 1/2 of my wrap, an orange, and 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt with a 1/2 T. of honey and a dash of cinnamon.  A little something I've learned about greek yogurt...a serving of the one I ate was 1 cup at 120 calories.  To me, that's a lot of yogurt.  So I cut it by 2/3 and only had about 40 calories of yogurt and then add in the honey too.  It was perfect.

Evening Snack - Smart Pop Microwave popcorn and a diet root beer.

Friday, January 27th

Breakfast - Kashi Go Lean Triple Berry Crumble, Almond Milk, Frozen Blueberries, and 10 oz. of a chai tea latte.

Lunch - 1/2 Whole wheat pita with deli chicken and cojack cheese, roasted yellow squash, red pepper, onion, and green pepper with olive oil spray and a bit of seasoning salt, skim milk

Snack - At 2:30, I was dying for a snack, but I'm going to wait 15 more minutes before I did in.  UGH!  OK...ate it...Blueberry LaraBar at 190 calories.  Until dinner it'll be water.

I'm going to wait to share my dinner until my next blog.  We're going out for dinner and drinks tonight so this oughta be interesting.  But, my mantra has always been moderation.  The dinner part...not the alcohol part.  Kinda joking there...  I said I was going to be honest, right? Although, tonight's going to be an early night.   Just to save face, I do not drink alcohol much during the week.  How could I?  I gotta be up so flippin' early!

OK, moving on...

I promised I'd share my workouts.  Today's was a quick one since my time was limited.  I had to pick up my son from preschool.  Priorities:)

Little disclaimer:  Since I'm a certified personal trainer, I just want to be safe and share what I did.  This does not mean that I think you should do it.  I do not know the fitness level of my readers, so don't want to be liable for any injuries.  K?

Here's what I did:
16 minute bike (warm up so it was moderate intensity)

4 exercises that I repeated 3 times.
100 Mountain Climbers (each leg coming in equals 1)
12 Incline Chest Flys
16 Single Leg Balance Push Backs, 8 on each side (my boot campers may know what these are)
12 Calf Raises (Set 1, Heels Out; Set 2, Heels straight back; Set 3 (heels in)

3 exercises that I repeated 3 times.
12 tricep dips with alternate arm raises
10 Burpees with Push-ups
12 Decline Bicep Curls

7 minute cardio interval elliptical machine

This workout finished way to fast!  Took about 45 minutes.

If you're journaling, stick with me!  My boot campers start next week.  The journals have been purchased!

No comments:

Post a Comment